Burberry Midnight Brown (02) Eye Definer Pencil
Burberry Breaks My Heart
Burberry Midnight Brown Eye Definer Pencil ($27.00 for 0.04 oz.) is a rich, dark brown with golden flecks and subtly cool undertones. As beautiful as the color is, I didn’t have good luck with wear. When I wore it on the lower lash line, it seemed to disappear significantly within three to four hours.
It was creamy enough to apply a smooth, precise line without tugging on the lash line. The texture actually gave me false hope, because it seemed dry enough that it would have no problem staying put! I loved that it is a true pencil but the pencil itself did not feel harsh against my lid or lash line.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 21/30
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
RECOMMENDATION: The color is gorgeous, and it would work so well with green and hazel eyes, but the wearability left too much to be desired to recommend it as a purchase.
Burberry Beauty: A Simple Look
Here is a quick look using the Burberry products I’ve been testing out over the past few days. I will review everything soon, so please be patient as I give everything a fair test and write-up.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), Burberry Trench (02) Eyeshadow (beige), Burberry Taupe Brown (07) Eyeshadow (dark brown), Burberry Midnight Brown (02) Eyeliner (brown), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Burberry Sheer Foundation (03), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: Burberry Russet (01) Blush (soft red-brown)
- Lips: Burberry Ruby (18) Lipstick (ruby red)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Trench = MAC Shroom; Taupe Brown = MAC Mystery
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Trench eyeshadow all over the lower lid. Then, apply Taupe Brown eyeshadow into the crease with the 226 and blend upwards. Lightly blend Trench eyeshadow above the crease and highlight the brow with the 239. Bring everything together by applying Midnight Brown eyeliner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Russet blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Ruby lipstick for a complementing lip.