Birthday Makeup: Ice Cream Swirl Cake
It’s probably just me, but the colors in this look remind me of birthdays and ice cream. I gotta tell you – I miss all those birthday parties I had (and went to) when I was really young (like 3-10!), those were always fun. My favorite kind of birthday cake is ICE CREAM CAKE! I also die for my boyfriend’s mom’s carrot cake, which she makes for everyone’s birthday. DELISH! What’s your favorite kind of cake?
I wore this look to my final exam yesterday, and can I just say how freaking excited I am that I am done with school until August? I can’t remember the last time I took a summer off. I feel like I’ve been perpetually in school forever. I’m just SO excited to be able to concentrate more on the blog and hope I can realize some of my big plans for it! But seriously, the word freedom never meant so much to me until last night at 10pm when I walked out of my final. (By the by, I hate finals that start so late–my brain just wants to go zzz!)
Oh, and I totally got eyeshadow base on my BROW, which I didn’t notice was so apparent until after photos – blah blah, I fixed it after, you know the drill!
P.S. — Big happy birthday to the lovely Karen @ Makeup and Beauty Blog!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC Juxt Eyeshadow (pastel green), MAC Aquadisiac Eyeshadow (teal), MAC Stars ‘n Rockets Eyeshadow (fuchsia-purple), MAC Orb Eyeshadow (highlighter), Make Up For Ever #15L Aqua Eyes (blue-purple), MAC Opulash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: Le Metier de Beaute Romeo & Juliet Blushing Bronze Duet (pale pink)
- Lips: MAC Capricious Lipstick (red-plum purple), MAC Cultured Lipglass (pinky-lilac)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Juxt eyeshadow on the lower two-thirds of the lid. Lightly place Aquadisiac eyeshadow on the crease 239. Next, apply Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow above the crease with the 239, lightly blending onto the outer lid. Blend Orb eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying #15 aqua eyes on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Opulash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Romeo & Juliet blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Capricious lipstick first, and then layer Cultured lipglass for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!