Smoky Eyes: Groove with Alice + Olivia
Oh, man, that name is cheesy. I gotta tell you: coming up with “names” for looks can be a challenge. If only “Blue and Violet” were creative, because I can do that no problem. 🙂
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC Later Pigment (dark blue-violet), MAC Blue My Mind Mineralize Eyeshadow Trio (sky blue), MAC Blue My Mind Mineralize Eyeshadow Trio (blue-teal), MAC Togetherness Mineralize Eyeshadow Trio (violet), MAC Togetherness Mineralize Eyeshadow Trio (lilac), MAC Brule Eyeshadow (highlighter), Make Up For Ever #11L Aqua Eyes (violet), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: MAC Hang Loose Mineralize Blush Duo (soft pink)
- Lips: MAC All Styled Up Lipstick (pinky lilac), MAC Going Casual Cremesheen Glass (sheer lilac pink)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Later = Violet + Dark Soul; Blue My Mind = Sky Blue (sky blue), Tilt (blue-teal); Togetherness = Digit (lilac), Violet pigment (violet); Hang Loose = Well-Dressed; All Styled Up = Snob; Going Casual = Luminary
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Then, apply Later pigment with the 242 and a couple of drops of water-based mixing medium on the lid. Using the 239, apply Blue My Mind (sky blue) eyeshadow on the inner third of the lid and pull upwards along the inner crease. Lightly blend Blue My Mind (blue-teal) eyeshadow on the middle of the lid with the 239. On the outer lid, apply Togetherness (violet) eyeshadow with the 226 and blend into the crease. Lightly blend Togetherness (lilac) eyeshadow on the inner tearduct and above the crease with the 239. Blend Brule eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying #11L eyeliner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply a swirl of Hang Loose blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply All Styled Up lipstick first, and then layer Going Cashual cremesheen glass for a complementing lip.