Brownie Nude, Papaya, Rosy, Sunset Bronze, Plumberry, Desert Rose
Bobbi Brown Lip Shines, Part Deux
I originally reviewed Lip Shines two weeks ago, which included Nectarine, Pink Glisten, Raspberry Pink, Moonlight Rose, Berry, and Maple. I had several readers email and comment inquiring about the other six shades, and now I’m happy to report that here they are!
- Brownie Nude is a brownish peach-red with a glistening glossy look–very opaque, too.
- Papaya is brightened pinky-coral. It applies nearly entirely opaque with a very soft shimmer-shine.
- Rosy is a darkened rosy red with semi-opaque color and glossy sheen.
- Sunset Bronze is a deep red with orange and copper flecks of shimmer. It’s not quite opaque, but it has plenty of pigment. It’s almost metallic with the copper shimmer in it, too–very pretty–and I could see this working really well during the fall and holiday seasons.
- Plumberry is a darkened reddish plum with a glistening sheen and semi-sheer color. It has a smidgen of gold shimmer. This one had a tendency to slip into my lip lines a bit.
- Desert Rose is a soft, muted rose with a glossy sheen. Surprisingly, despite the lightness of the color, it’s nearly opaque on my lips.
You can read my full review of the formula here, but to recap on why I like these…
- Long-lasting color–three to four hours before it starts to fade, and it made it through a frappuccino
- Feels like a combination of Chanel’s Rouge Coco and MAC Slimshines
- Scent-free, taste-free
- Non-drying, most shades provide nearly full-color coverage
My personal favorite shades, now having seen all of them, are: Pink Glisten, Raspberry Pink, Papaya, and Desert Rose.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 28/30
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
Recommendation: If you love lightweight, semi-sheer to semi-opaque color that’s moisturizing without requiring re-applicatiion every hour, I think you may find these to your liking.
Availability: Bobbi Brown