Bobbi Brown Earth Metal Lip & Eye Palette ($60.00) is a new, limited edition holiday palette from Bobbi Brown’s Holiday Collection, which also features a Velvet Plum Eye Palette, Glitter Lip Balm Palette, and Chrome Eyeshadows (I mentioned those last week–love them!!).
- Autumn Shimmer Wash Eyeshadow is a slightly green-tinged golden brown with shimmer.
- Earth Metal Metallic Eyeshadow is a plummy brown with shimmer.
- Zinc Metallic Eyeshadow is a light taupe brown with kind of a silver sheen. This shade wasn’t quite as pigmented as the others (it was just so-so).
- Black Spruce Metallic Eyeshadow is a dark forest green with metallic shimmer.
- Sunset Gold Metallic Eyeshadow is a pale, light melon-y gold with light shimmer. Like Zinc, it wasn’t as pigmented the majority of the eyeshadows.
- Antique Gold Metallic Eyeshadow is a coppery bronze with a metallic sheen. (It doesn’t look like antique gold to me!)
- Paisely Rose Creamy Lip Color is a pale, peachy pink.
- Rose Garden Creamy Lip Color is a light medium yellow pink.
- Rose Bud Creamy Lip Color is a plummy-pink.
- Barefoot Shimmer Creamy Lip Color is a shimmery peach-brown.
First, as some of you know, I’m not of a fan of lip palettes. As such, I probably wouldn’t purchase this palette, just because I don’t extract any value out of the lip palette portion. I don’t think the eyeshadows are so stunning as to warrant the price tag ($60) by themselves, either. (I’d rather splurge on the Chrome Eyeshadows instead!) The lip colors, as in most lip palettes, are very sheer and don’t do much on my lips. They all kind of look the same, so this isn’t a lip palette designed to change my mind on how I feel about lip palettes in general.
I like the eyeshadows, because they’re definitely my kind of colors – earthy, metallic, and lots of gold thrown in. All of the eyeshadows felt very smooth and had a metallic look to them, and I only found pigmentation problems in two (Zinc and Sunset Gold), but the problems were minor – they just weren’t as pigmented as the majority of the palette, but there was still plenty of color pay off. I think this palette is actually a really good mix of shades that go together easily, and there’s just not much fuss when you use these.
Bottom Line: If you like the lip palette portion, I think this is a great buy. If you’re more like me and have no use for lip palettes, this is more of a skip item. I just can’t get with a palette knowing I’m not going to use half of it and still paying the full price for it, you know? I really wish they made these shades available separately or split the palette in half!
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ! 🙂
- Product: 24/30
- Value: 9/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
Recommendation: I would rather just be able to purchase the eyeshadow portion of the palette as a set over the lip and eye combination. If you like both sides, I definitely think it’s a good buy in that instance!
See more photos and swatches…