5 Corals for Green Eyed Looks
One of my favorite ways to complement green eyeshadows is with coral/peach lipstick. There is just enough warmth to tie to the greens most commonly used and if you find one soft enough, it will complement and not compete.
- Bobbi Brown Bare Pink Rich Lip Color — delightfully light coral without too warmth, making it a wearable coral for all skin tones
- MAC Freckletone Lipstick – a soft peach with a hint of coral, a little sheerness but not too much
- Chanel Genie Extrait de Gloss — a glossy, semi-opaque peach coral adds color without going overboard
- Smashbox Splendid Lipstick — a pink-tinged coral with soft white shimmer and a glossy finish
- Korres #30 Liquid Lipstick — opaque and glossy, this is a soft peach with only a hint of warmth
What are your favorite lip pairings for green eyeshadows?
Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color Lipstick: Bare Pink (9), Plum Rose (10), Rose Blossom (11), Heather Pink (12), Mod Pink (13)
Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color: Part 2
We’re back with the second set of five Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color SPF 12 ($22.00 for 0.12 oz.). These shades are officially described as: Bare Pink (beige), Plum Rose (rich plum), Rose Blossom (pink rose), Heather Pink (dusty rose), and Mod Pink (bright pink). The Rich Lip Color is new lipstick formula for spring (and being added to the permanent range). According to Bobbi Brown, these are “lightweight, yet intense” and have “a clear base to deliver pure, crisp color with just one swipe.” The formula is also “creamy and moisturizing.” (Be sure to check out part one.)
I’ve road tested three shades from the line-up specifically for wear: Bikini Pink, Soft Coral, Old Hollywood. The idea is to test for wear and to do so with shades with different intensities. Bikini Pink is the lightest, while Soft Coral lies in the middle, and Old Hollywood, being a red, was likely to last the longest. The lighter colors inevitably fade/last less than deeper shades, as deeper shades often stain, which is why I try to test from both ends of a spectrum when it comes to a new lipstick formula.
- Bare Pink is a pink-tinged peach-beige with a creamy finish and soft shine. It remindedme of Guerlain’s Guerlinade, without the shimmer, and perhaps a touch darker. It is also lighter and less orange in compraison to Korres #34 Nude Guava.
- Plum Rose is a plummy pink with a creamy finish and soft shine. It is similar to Hourglass Nocturnal, just a little less plum, along with Maybelline Bit of Berry (but also less plum).
- Rose Blossom is a brighter plum pink–it is very similar to Plum Rose, but it’s a touch brighter. It is less plum in comparison to both Houglass Nocturnal and Maybelline Bit of Berry, but it is also brighter.
- Heather Pink is a dusty, muted pink–a little beige-brown in it. It is a little pinker than Benefit Lala Land.
- Mod Pink is a cool-toned, brighter medium pink with blue undertones. It is similar to Dolce & Gabbana Splendid and Lancome Pink Sapphire.
my thoughts on the formula: These are really comfortable to wear,with their semi-matte finishes, creamy but lightweight texture, and rich color coverage. Every shade was opaque and needed very little product to achieve full color coverage. They are also scent- and taste-free, which should appeal to some. Wear was anywhere from four to six hours, with deeper shades like Old Hollywood lasting a full six and beginning to fade after that. Lighter shades hung on for about four hours.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 30/30
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 5/5
final thoughts: I actually really liked these; I love how pigmented they are, but they’re creamy without actually being creamy. They have the feel, glide, and finish of creamier formulas, but there is very little slip and very little product is on the lips, giving a rather featherweight feel. These colors do not have a full matte finish, but they still wear well–no clinging or seeping into lip lines.
where to buy: Bobbi Brown, Nordstrom
Guava, Old Hollywood, Sweet Nectar, Soft Coral, Bikini Pink
Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color SPF 12 Sneak Peek
For spring, Bobbi Brown is putting out a new lip color formula called Rich Lip Color ($22.00 for 0.13 oz.) with twelve shades in the range. The formula is designed to feel lightweight, yield lots and lots of color, with a creamy and emollient texture to moisturize and condition lips–plus it has SPF 12. I will be testing these out over the next week or so and working through lip swatches, but I thought I’d give you this swatch post for now. There are a few shades missing (Cosmic Raspberry and Crimson), but the majority of the shade range is here.
I have not tested these at all yet, so please hold questions until I have had a chance to do so–thank you! I will be sure to do my usual detail review as soon as I’ve finished testing these.