I think I’m sensitive to silicone-based primers, because I’ve tried two now, and I’ve broken out ALL OVER my face in small, tiny little pimples. (It makes me want to cry, they make me feel/look hideous! Actually, I probably have teared up a bit over it!) The first one I tried was Smashbox’s Photofinish Primer (which I’ve sworn I wore once or twice in Hawaii without issue), and I let my face recover… then I tried Lancome’s La Base. And we’re back to pizza face. Ugh, so gross. I wish I had a secret acne solution, but alas, I don’t–other than keeping up with my regular skincare routine and making sure to stay away from the silicone primers!
This look was from last week, pre-breakout! 😉 I was trying to do something with color, but not going over the top. I’m also trying to alternate color and basic/neutral/work-safe when I do my makeup, so I don’t just show all bright looks or all neutral looks. I’d do the latter if I had my way, LOL! Today, I’m off to spend/waste my Saturday at a simulation for my Management 101 course. I got up early so I could post this, and now I gotta get my butt into the shower and ready so I can report there on-time (hopefully!).
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), Patina eyeshadow (antique gold), Shimmermoss eyeshadow (teal), Electric Eel eyeshadow (bright blue), Shroom eyeshadow (neutral highlighter), Urban Decay Electric Liner (bright blue), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Enough Said blush (soft peach)
- Lips: Bombshell lipstick (pink-coral), Lychee Luxe lipglass (coral)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Enough Said = bronzer
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, apply Patina eyeshadow using the 239 and bring in just over halfway on the lid. Darken the outer lid using Shimmermoss eyeshadow packed on and drag into crease using the 239. Darken crease with just a touch of Electric Eel eyeshadow using the 239. Sweep Shroom underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Urban Decay Electric 24/7 Liner on lower lash line, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Enough Said blush using the 129. Apply Bombshell lipstick to lips, and then top with Lychee Luxe lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →