MAC Style Black Look: Dark Smoky Eyes
Just a quick Style Black I through together this morning before I took a shower. I’m not sold on mineralize eyeshadows whatsoever! I applied these mineralize eyeshadows wet using water-based mixing medium (for better adhesion and to minimize fall out). Admittedly, it’s all over a significantly dark base, so maybe that’s why they just don’t pop much. I did two different lips — the first is the lip I’d actually pair with it (based on my style and preferences); the second is with black lips as requested.
Two notes: I’m wearing Korres’ Wild Rouse Foundation in this look. (I think the shade may be a lil’ orange on me–not sure if going a shade lighter will help or not yet.) One eye has a stronger distinction between crease and highlight (which, to be honest, looked fine in real life) that I would recommend blending out more in practice.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), Dark Soul pigment (dark black-gray), Gilt By Association mineralize eyeshadow (black-bronze), Young Punk mineralize eyeshadow (black-purple), Blue Flame eyeshadow (dark blue), Femme-fi eyeshadow (neutral highlighter), Black Greasepaint Stick (black with purple shimmer), Stila Purple Pumps Smudge Pot (purple shimmer), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Plum Foolery blush (pinky-purple)
- Lips: Brave New Bronze lipstick (pinky nude), Bling Black glimmerglass (dirty antique gold)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Gilt By Association = Tempting; Young Punk = Contrast; Blue Flame = Deep Truth; Femme-fi = Shroom; Black Greasepaint = Smolder; Brave New Bronze = Velvet Teddy; Bling Black = Reflects Antique Gold + Black Lip Mix + Clear gloss
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. With the 239, apply Dark Soul pigment with water-based mixing medium on the lower lid. On the inner lid, pack Gilt by Association eyeshadow on using the 239. Apply Young Punk eyeshadow to the middle and outer portions of the lid. Darken crease with Blue Flame eyeshadow using the 226. Sweep Femme-fi eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Black Greasepaint stick on lower lash line, and Stila Purple Pumps smudge pot on lower lash line with 209. Apply Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Plum Foolery blush using the 129. Apply Brave New Bronze lipstick to lips, and then top with Bling Black glimmerglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading “Look – MAC Style Black: Dark Smoky Eyes”