Benefit Zone Out Lipgloss
The Spring Season: Benefit Zone Out Lipgloss
Benefit Cosmetics Lip Gloss Zone Out ($18.00) is an ultra sheer shimmering champagne with a touch of gold. This is really a gloss that’s best to enhance another lipstick or worn alone for a quick, everyday kind of lip that just sparkles a bit. It doesn’t actually add or change-up my normal lip color, so that’s why I like to pair it with a flatter lipstick to enhance the undertones of my lip color instead. Benefit Lip Gloss is a non-sticky, thinner gloss with a springy doe-foot applicator and no real noticeable scent from what I could sniff out!
More Benefit Lip Gloss Reviews…
Is this the perfect gloss for you? Would you wear it?
The Spring Season is a series of posts featuring my favorite soft beige, coral, and pink lipsticks and lipglosses — all perfect for the first blossom of spring — that runs through March 2010.
Benefit Lipglosses: Almost Famous, Fresh Squeezed, Zone Out
Benefit Lip Gloss: Review, Photos, Swatches
Benefit Lip Gloss ($18.00 for 0.17 fl. oz.) is available in eight shades from copper to berry to gold. Each is scented with an apricot-lychee scent with a non-sticky, slick-feeling texture. They’re fairly glossy with lots of shimmer.
- Almost Famous is a sheer rosy-bronze with amber bronze glitter throughout. This one felt a little glittery to me.
- Fresh Squeezed is a pinky-coral with smoother, more shimmer-esque multicolored shimmer.
- Zone Out is a sheer nude gloss with golden shimmer to add some sparkle.
These glosses wear about average (four hours), and they don’t dry out lips but don’t feel extra hydrating either. I like them, but I don’t love them. Both Fresh Squeezed and Zone Out felt nice on my lips, but Almost Famous has a gritty glittery texture that I didn’t appreciate. (Luckily, neither Fresh Squeezed or Zone Out felt like that!)
These lip glosses are slightly pricier (by the ounce) compared to Make Up For Ever and NARS, but they’re a better value than Dior and Chanel. At $18, I’d probably opt for a NARS gloss instead (though these smell much, much better).
- Product: 8/10
- Value: 7/10
- Ease of Use: 8/10
- Packaging: 8/10
Recommendation: If you sheer, shimmery lipgloss, you may want to snoop at the Benefit counter for these!
See more photos and swatches… Continue reading →
For many of us, Mondays can be tough days, what with the work/school week starting off anew. I like to motivate myself for the week by finding things I’m lusting after (usually beauty products–shock of shocks, I’m sure!). It helps me focus my energy on Monday mornings into the things I need to get done, and these little acts of motivation can also serve to be rewards later on down the road, if I accomplish enough of my to-do list, of course!
- theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer ($22.00) is one of theBalm’s newer products, and it is a a shimmery powder. It looks like it’s designed to be a highlighter, but the copy says it can be used as a highlighter, shimmer or shadow. All I know is I’ve heard great things about theBalm’s cheek products, but I haven’t had a chance to try them out for myself.
- Philosophy Beach Party Golden Girl Lip Shine ($12.00) is a summery lip shine, and if you know me… you know I love me some Philosophy lip shines! They’re really hydrating on the lips, give a gorgeous glossy sheen, and they smell delicious.
- Givenchy Poetique Blues ($53.00) just looks stunning in the promo photos. I haven’t seen Givenchy’s fall collection pop up on-counter yet, but it’s all available via Sephora now… for things like these, I’m so hesitant to buy sight unseen, though!
- Benefit Cosmetics Lip Gloss ($18.00) is Benefit’s latest gloss formula, and the shades look gorgeous. I haven’t broken down and purchased any yet, because I haven’t heard enough glowing reviews… What say you?
- NARS Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara ($25.00) is a new mascara, which just recently debuted at Sephora, designed to volumize and hold a curl. I’ve never tried mascara by NARS, so I wonder how this one will compare. The price is a little steep for my liking, though. At that price, I’ll opt for YSL or Chanel.
- Illamasqua Pure Pigment ($24.00) seem to be right up my alley. I know the beauty world is buzzin’ about Illamasqua (both good and bad), but I am really anxious to see these for myself. Chasm, Conquer, and Involve all look like shades I’d love. Those of you in the UK or in NYC, love ‘em or leave ‘em?
- TEMPTU AIRbrush Makeup System ($225.00) is something that appeals to my inner beauty-gadget-geek. I love tech-y beauty stuff. I imagine this could be kind of fun (A girl can dream, right?)
- Korres Guava Lipstick ($22.00) is tempting, just because Korres, as a brand, has been impressing me as of late. I’m quite eager to check out their color line, since their skincare is fantastic.
What’s motivating you this Monday?