The Spring Season: Cooler Pinks Lipstick Wrap-up
For our next visual recap of the Spring Season, we’re showcasing all of the cooler-toned pink lipsticks.
- #1 (Benefit Jing-a-ling) is like a lighter, cooler version of #8 (Urban Decay Rush).
- #6 (MAC Hue) and #7 (Maybelline Born With It) seem awfully similar, with Hue not quite as pink. #5 (MAC Angel) is pinker than both the Born With It and Hue.
- Benefit Jing-a-ling Lipstick
- Guerlain Gentiane Rouge G Lipstick
- Guerlain Georgia Rouge G Lipstick
- Lancome Love It! Lipstick
- MAC Angel Lipstick
- MAC Hue Lipstick
- Maybelline Born With It Lipstick
- Urban Decay Rush Lipstick
The Spring Season: Benefit Jing-a-ling Lipstick
Benefit Jing-a-Ling Lipstick ($18.00) is a creamy, mostly neutral pink with golden shimmer. Depending on what I wear it with, I’ve found it can look more blue-pink or yellow-pink. It looks semi-opaque when applied to my lips, but it does noticeably pink and pale ‘em up with a very creamy look. It almost looks like a milky pink on me, but not quite so pale. I wore Jing-a-Ling with MAC Nymphette in this sunset-eye look. Benefit’s Silky Finish Lipsticks tend to have a little more slip, so I find they last about three or four hours, but the silkiness of the finish does make it a more moisturizing lipstick.
Is this the perfect pink for you? Would you wear it?
The Spring Season is a series of posts featuring my favorite soft beige, coral, and pink lipsticks and lipglosses — all perfect for the first blossom of spring — that runs through March 2010.