The Spring Season: Temptalia’s Favorites
After many, many months of swatching and testing, these are my favorites–a whopping eighteen of them! During the Spring Season, we featured cooler nudes (9), cooler pinks (8), soft corals (8), lipglosses (15), warmer nudes (15), and warmer pinks (17) for a total of 72 different lipsticks and lipglosses in varying shades of soft coral, nude, and pink.
Comments & Thoughts
When I picked my favorites, I went through all the different folders I had for Spring Season shades and marked the ones I loved. At the end, I wound up with eighteen–a little much, but who says there is a limit on favorites? I do, however, obviously gravitate towards certain shades and tones over others.
- #1 (Benefit I’m With the Band), #3 (Cle de Peau #2), and #17 (NP Set Mauritius Lipgloss) are all in the same family. #3 is my favorite of this shade family, though.
- I also love the texture of Cle de Peau’s Extra Silky Lipsticks, which necessitated the inclusion of both #4 (Cle de Peau #103) and #5 (Cle de Peau #106). You’re just lucky I held off on including #124, too!
- Oh, Guerlain! Similarly, Guerlain’s Rouge G lipsticks still have my heart–as evidenced by #6 (Guerlain Garance), #7 (Guerlain Gardenia), #8 (Guerlain Gemma), #9 (Guerlain Georgia), and #10 (Guerlain Guerlinade). I haven’t found a dupe (nothing even similar enough to bother talking about!) to Garance nor Gardenia, but I feel like Gardenia may be substituted with a peachy nude and satisfy some enough. Gemma is similar to #12 (Korres #22). Guerlinade may be duped the best (based on my current lipstick repository) by #14 (MAC Freckletone), but Freckletone is significantly sheerer, glossier, and brighter/peachier–Guerlinade looks more muted in comparison, and obviously creamier and more opaque.
- #8 (Guerlain Gemma) is similar to #9 (Guerlain Georgia) except with that cool gold sheen and a rosier pink base, but #12 (Korres #22) is like a more muted version of #8, too. #8 is my favorite of the three, but #12 comes close and it’s what, a third of the price?
- #11 (Korres #13) is a lighter, pinker version of #15 (MAC Velvet Teddy).
- Benefit I’m With the Band Lipgloss
- Chanel Santal Rouge Allure Laque
- Cle de Peau #2 Gloss
- Cle de Peau #103 Extra Silky Lipstick
- Cle de Peau #106 Extra Silky Lipstick
- Guerlain Garance Rouge G Lipstick
- Guerlain Gardenia Rouge G Lipstick
- Guerlain Gemma Rouge G Lipstick
- Guerlain Georgia Rouge G Lipstick
- Guerlain Guerlinade Rouge G Lipstick
- Korres #13 Natural Pink Guava Lipstick
- Korres #22 Rose Guava Lipstick
- Lancome Voile de Rose Lipstick
- MAC Freckletone Lipstick
- MAC Velvet Teddy Lipstick
- NP Set Mauritius Lipgloss
- Smashbox Splendid Lipstick
- Urban Decay Naked Lipstick