5 Wearable Medium Brown Eyeshadows
Not so into really rich, dark browns (of which there are many to choose from!) — not to worry: here are five lighter shades that still have plenty of color. These shades work well on the lid as well as in the crease!
- Benefit Dandy Brandy — Medium-dark warm brown with a golden sheen
- Bare Minerals Namaste Eyeshadow — medium brown with a gray tinge
- MAC Wedge — medium brown with a satiny sheen
- Urban Decay YDK — medium warm brown with red undertones
- MAC Texture — warm, orange-toned medium brown with a pearly sheen
What’s your favorite medium brown eyeshadow? How do you incorporate it into a look?
Benefit Velvet Eyeshadows for Superior Use & Value
Benefit Velvet Eyeshadow ($18.00 for 0.11 oz.) are velvety, silky-soft eyeshadows with smooth color that go on effortlessly and blend seamlessly. Seriously, I absolutely fell head-over-heels in love with these from the moment I swatched them on my skin. They’re ridiculously soft and exactly as they’re named–velvety. There’s little else that is as suitable to describe it as like velvet. I find that these also blend really easily both within the Benefit brand but with other brands’ shadows, too (always a plus).
Benefit currently has ten shades of their velvet eyeshadow available: Bikini Line (desert sand), Fawn Over Me (cafe au lait), Leggy (pink nude satin), Buckle Bunny (rosa mocha), Rich Beach (brown sugar), Where There’s Smoke (smoky pewter), Dandy Brandy (copper spice), “Gimme Some” Plum (iced plum), Like What You Sea? (misty blue), and I Cannes and I Will (golden mulberry). I’ve only tried six of the ten shades, but I’m comfortable saying that the entire range is worth checking out, because the six I tried were amazing.
- Bikini Line is a soft, shimmering warm-toned gold. This has my name written ALL over it, duh. I cannot resist a gold eyeshadow to save my life!
- Rich Beach is a warm-toned bronzy shade with just a bit of gold shimmer.
- Dandy Brandy is a lightly cool-toned chocolate brown with copper flecks of shimmer.
- Buckle Bunny is a muted rosy mauve with soft gold sheen.
- I Cannes & I Will is a plum purple with gold flecks. I really loved this shade, because it has a very unique look to it.
- Like What You Sea? is a soft, cool-toned silvery-blue with silver sheen.
They’re also really reasonably priced relative to the amount you get. For $14 at MAC, you’ll get 0.05 oz. of eyeshadow, whereas Benefit’s giving you double that for $18. From that perspective, you’re definitely getting your money’s worth with Benefit’s Velvet Eyeshadows!
- Product: 9/10
- Value: 9/10
- Ease of Use: 9/10
- Packaging: 9/10
Recommendation: If you’re all about a super soft and silky eyeshadow, these are most definitely for you. I just can’t get over the texture and how soft these are!
Availability: Benefit, Sephora.com
See swatches and photos… Continue reading →