MAC Cosmetics: Guide For The Newly Addicted, Part 4
If I’m new, what are some good basics that I should get into first?
It is important to note that everybody is a little different, and their preferences for the type of makeup or kinds of products are not the same across the board. You should use this only as a guideline, but not as something that is universal to every person.
- Lip Conditioner | Both the regular lip conditioner and the tinted lip conditioner are great for keeping lips soft, and the tinted ones give a nice touch of color for everyday wear or quick lips.
- Lipstick | There are so many shades and textures, it would be impossible to recommend a set that would work for everyone. I want to give you something to work off of, though, and like eyeshadows, here are some color families and what people tend to rave about.
- Browns >> O, Shag, Touch
- Corals >> CB96, Jest, Vegas Volt
- Fuchsias >> Girl About Town, Full Fuchsia, Impassioned
- Nude Pinks >> Hue, Hug Me, Plink!
- Nudes >> Cherish, Myth, Velvet Teddy
- Peaches >> Honeyflower, Mocha, Ramblin’ Rose
- Pinks >> Angel, Snob, Sweetie
- Purples >> Dark Side, Odyssey, Rebel
- Raspberries >> New York Apple
- Reds >> Lady Bug, Russian Red, Ruby Woo
- Vamps >> Desire, Media, Underworld
- Slimshines | These are a more moisturizing, creamier, and sheerer version of the lipstick. Some favorite shades are Bare, Funshine, and Long Stem Rose.
- Lipgelees | Glossy, sheer color that’s more moisturizing than lipglass. Some favorites are: Dewy Jube, Lu-Be-Lu, Lust Is Lush, and Slicked Pink.
- Lipglass | This is a glossy, tacky formula with sheer colors as well as opaque ones. Those who dislike sticky glosses should stay clear of the lipglass formula! Some good colors to think about are: C-Thru, Cultured, Lychee Luxe, Nymphette, Pink Poodle, and Prrr.
- Lustreglass | This is a less sticky version of lipglass, which also tends to run sheerer in color. Some favorites are: Flashmode, Little Vi, Luminary, and Pinkarat.
- Plushglass | This gloss formula is high-shine without any tackiness. The colors tend to be sheerer, and the formula is intended to plump up lips. Popular color choices are: Big Kiss, Full For You, Nice Buzz, and Pretty Plush.
- Lip Liners | There are several types of lip liners to choose from, including the traditional lip pencil and the cremestick range. I prefer the cremestick range as it is non-drying and goes on easily. Some favorites from the cremestick family are: Beurre, Cranapple, Cream O’Spice, Pink Treat, Red Enriched, and Summerfruit.