Makeup & Beauty Tips on How to Organize Your Eyeshadows
Share your best tips and tricks for organizing your eyeshadows! Share your best storage tips and how you keep everything within reach!
- I keep palettes together, same brand or not (though Urban Decay has its own drawer, truth be told). I find that this makes it easier to grab a palette for travel or if I want to work within one.
- If you have a lot of eyeshadows from across brands, you might want to separate by brand first, then arrange in color groups or textures. I organize everything by brand, and I wish I had time to organize more by color or name, but alas, not so much!
- If you aren’t married to the packaging, you could try depotting many of your powder eyeshadows and putting them into a palette system to save space.
Makeup & Beauty Tips on How to Organize Lipsticks
Share your best tips and tricks for organizing your lipsticks! Share your best storage tips and how you keep everything within reach!
- I like to pull out 5-10 of my favorite shades at the moment (it changes often and definitely can vary by the season!) and keep them separated out for easy access or for lazy days when I just want a go-to.
- Depending on how many lipsticks you have, sorting by color makes it easy to find the right shade to pair with a look you’re creating. However…
- Organizing by brand usually means you can save space, as the same packaging always sits and slides together better than a bunch of varying-sized products.
Makeup & Beauty Tips on How to Keep Track of Your Stash
Share your best tips and tricks for keeping track of what you own! Share how you track what you’ve tried, bought, kept, love and hate, and how you prevent buying duplicates!
- I do have an inventory sheet that captures a specific moment in time, but it’s hard to keep it updated (for me). If I was starting over, I would definitely get spreadsheet-happy, though!
- Obviously, I’m going to take a second to promote the vanity feature on MyTemptalia that allows you to add products and shades you own to your vanity so you can keep track. We are definitely working on creating a “bulk add” feature to make this easier and faster for those who already have quite the stash–our to-do list is 40+ deep! (In the meanwhile, the best way for quickly adding a lot of products is to go through the Swatch Gallery and say filter by “MAC” and “Eyeshadows,” then adding a bunch of shades that way.)
- It’s unlikely that you’ll duplicate a new product, so I’m more likely to check my stash for something that I want to buy that’s permanent, so just having an organized stash makes this easier to locate.
Makeup & Beauty Tips on How to Make Your Foundation Last
Share your best tips and tricks for making your foundation last all day long! Feel free to share your experiences, how you mastered techniques, or what you struggle with.
- Primer goes a long way!
- Set your makeup with a setting or finishing powder (the former should work better, but depending on your skin type, finishing might be enough).
- Carry blot powder or a pressed setting/finishing powder with you to touch up and prevent your foundation from degrading throughout the day.
Makeup & Beauty Tips on How to Grow Your Nails Out
Share your best tips and tricks for growing out your nails! Feel free to share your experiences, how you mastered techniques, or what you struggle with.
- In the past, Sally Hansen’s Hard as Nails worked well for me, but this was 10+ years ago. I haven’t had issues growing nails out in at least that long, so I don’t have any great tips
- Regularly use hand lotion/cream to keep your hands, cuticles, etc. hydrated.
- If you bite on your nails, try lightly brushing on
acetone/polish remover, lemon, or something spicy a bitter nail treatment (thanks to reader AS1929 for sharing these!) over the edges to deter yourself from biting on them. This is a short-term solution that I’ve done (with polish remover) to help break the habit and make you very conscious of what you’re doing.
Thanks to Sue for today’s topic!
Makeup & Beauty Tips on How to Wear Blue Eyeshadow
Share your best tips and tricks for wearing blue eyeshadow! Feel free to share your experiences, how you mastered techniques, or what you struggle with.
- Wear it as an eyeliner, whether smudged with your favorite eyeliner or as the only eyeliner color.
- Wear it in the crease to darken but not overwhelm the eye.
- Wear it on the inner corner (a brighter or paler blue) to add a pop of color.