Clé de Peau Beauté @ Vera Wang
For her Spring 2010 collection, Vera Wang found inspiration in Paul Poiret, the French designer some say was the first to “drape” his designs, a new approach that signaled a departure from rigid tailoring. With this in mind, Lucia Pieroni, Color Creator for Clé de Peau Beauté, created her own new approach, developing a boy-like, simple face for each model, that worked perfectly with the clothing and bold jewelry.
“I wanted the models to appear cool and very natural, so I created a super sheer base on the face with eye accents only, of taupe and silver.” Lucia says. “I wanted them to look healthy, but a bit supernatural.” — Lucia Pieroni
Get the Look
- Beginning with the NEW! Luminizing Enhancer Base ($42,) Lucia created a luminous complexion and evened out skin tone, prior to applying the Refining Fluid Foundation ($118) to provide an even, flawless and radiant finish on skin.
- Next, Lucia accented, and extended, the brows utilizing Eyebrow Pencil in #104/Grey ($55) to give a fuller, still polished effect.
- To brighten eyes, she used NEW! Satin Eye Color in #11/silver ($45,) with a touch of shade #111/taupe to add definition at the outer corners.
- Additionally, Lucia decided to forego the mascara and eyeliner, but utilize Satin Eye Color #104/golden to highlight the browbone and the top of the cheek to add an ethereal glow.
- Lastly, lips were colored to understated perfection, complementing the face without drawing attention. Lucia used NEW! Extra Rich Lipstick in T4 ($65,) a nude shade inspired by tea roses.
Sephora @ Venexiana
To compliment a sophisticated and bold collection, the makeup look features dark dramatic eyes, a smokey/cat eye combination, completed with a semi-matte complexion and peachy pink lips and cheeks. Makeup by Sephora PRO Beauty Team, lead by Jose Rivera.
Get the Look
- Complexion – Try Sephora Matifying Compact Foundation to create a flawless canvass. Add a pop of color with a cream blush or powder such as Sephora Blush Me! Mono in Rose Rebelle 1.
- Eyes – For a smokey look, apply Sephora Mono Eyeshadow in Must Have 06 all over lid. Line both upper and lower lash lines for a cat eye effect. Finish by applying false lashes like Sephora Flirt It Lash Duo to extra drama.
- Lips – To get the ultimate peachy, coral pout, start with a lip liner, then fill in with Sephora Lip Attitude Chic in Elegant Pink 05, a creamy pink lipstick. Top it off with Sephora PURE Lipgloss in Peachy Pink.
See more breakdowns from Sephora! Continue reading →
Sephora @ Gen Art Fresh Faces
Seven designers displayed fashion-forward trends for women and men with various makeup looks complimenting each collection. From rocker ballerina to modern glam and feminine, makeup ranged from strong smokey eyes to watermelon stained lips, sun kissed skin and rosy cheeks. The Sephora PRO Beauty Team was lead by Gilbert Soliz.
See the look breakdowns and images… Continue reading →
Sephora @ Caravan
A collection presented by celebrity designers highlighting their red carpet, photo shoot, and concert ready styles, the makeup look features fresh skin, an enhanced eye and pink lips. Sephora PRO Beauty Team, lead by Gilbert Soliz for Caravan.
Get the Look
- Complexion – For a natural, satin finish, try Sephora Collection Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 and “Tricks of the Trade” Mineral Touch Up Powder, which absorbs excess oil.
- Eyes – To accentuate the eye without making it too dramatic, apply Colorful Mono Eyeshadow in Black Flame 05, a near black shimmer, to the outer corners of the eye. Finish off the eye with two coats of Sephora Lash Stretcher.
- Lips – To complete the fresh look, apply Lip Attitude, the perfect mix of lipstick and lip gloss in Sienna Fiesta 16, a rose terra cotta shimmer.
See breakdowns for more Sephora-lead shows! Continue reading →
Leonardo Manetti for Davines @ Timo Weiland
Leonardo Manetti of ION Studio for Davines at the Timo Weiland presentation. Leonardo created a look inspired by blending the Edwardian Era and New Romanticism.
Get the Look
To get this half-up look, Leonardo used a variety of Davines products. First however, Leonardo took the front sections of the girl’s hair and pinned it half way back. Then for the back he sprayed the hair with Davines Defining Texturizer, Leonardo’s favorite product from Davines!, to enhance the texture. Next he applied Davines Defining Volume Mousse to create volume and add shine.
Once the products were applied, Leonardo dried the hair creating voluminous locks. With a one-inch curling iron, Leonardo took different sized strands of hair and curled them. To finish, he used the Davines Glam Power spray, a unique a versatile finishing spray used to set any style and provide a strong, long-lasting hold without stiffness.
See more photos… Continue reading →
Frederic Fekkai @ Marchesa
“The Marchesa collection is always breathtaking and elegant; it is exhilarating to create a red carpet look that matches the ultimate glamour and sophistication of the clothing” – Frederic Fekkai
Get the Look
Renato Campora, lead stylist for Frédéric Fekkai, created an ultra shiny and striking look for the Marchesa Spring 2010 show. Campora mixed the Fekkai COIFF™ Extra Control Styling Gel with the Fekkai COIFF™ Strong Hold Volume Mousse to slick hair into a ponytail in the middle of the back of the head. He then wrapped the ponytail into a tight bun. The look was completed with Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Cream for added shine and brilliance.
Get a breakdown for Fekkai at Proenza Schouler and see more photos… Continue reading →