Aveda @ Sophie Theallet
“The Sophie Théallet hair look for this season is soft, tousled, and romantic—a mélange of country girl and princess. Hair is loosely pulled back and twisted into a textured, slightly teased ponytail with long wisps of hair framing the face.” — Antoinette Beenders for Aveda
- Prep damp hair with Aveda Volumizing Tonic™ for volume and shine, massaging it into roots. Blow-dry hair at half speed.
- Create a deep side part and separate the fringe and hair around the face.
- Sprinkle Aveda Pure Abundance™ Hair Potion into the rest of the hair for matte texture and tousled volume, massaging it into the scalp.
- Slightly backcomb hair at the crown, using a wide-tooth comb to create a textured, distressed look. Spray with Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray for maximum hold.
- Pull hair into a low, loose, half-up ponytail and secure with an elastic band, leaving the fringe and front wisps loose.
- Divide remaining bottom half of hair into right and left sections. Backcomb the right section and twist it over the ponytail elastic. Secure hair just to the left side of the ponytail using hair pins.
- Take the remaining left section of free hair and create another loose ponytail behind the left ear. Spray with Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray.
- Combine the two ponytails by pinning them together behind the left ear. Sprinkle Aveda Pure Abundance™ Hair Potion liberally through the length of the ponytail and tousle with fingers to create texture. Finish the look with Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray.
MAC @ Erin Fetherston
“We wanted the girls to look like they had been running, flushed, glowing skin and stained lips.” – Lucia Pica
- Eyes: Lipstick in the Prowl (Available Fall 2010) – Washed over the eyelid with a MAC 217 brush for a shiny texture. Lip Conditioner (Tube) – Dabbed into the inner corner of the eye to highlight.
- Face: Careblends Essential Oil – Massaged into the skin. Mineralize All-Over Lotion and Studio Moisture Tint Foundation – Blended together and applied to the entire face for a dewy skin finish. Lipstick in Kittenish (Available Fall 2010) – Dabbed onto the cheeks with fingers and massaged along with the cheekbone.
- Lip: Lipstick in Kittenish (Available Fall 2010) – Sparingly Applied to the inner lip with the point of the lipstick.
Bobbi Brown @ Rachel Roy
“Eyes are intense, covered in rich velvet…Scarlet and black create a modern smolder…” - Wendy Rowe for Bobbi Brown Cosmetics
A 1930s Egyptian influence weaves together fashion and beauty at the Fall 2010 Rachel Roy Fashion Show. Peacock prints are lifted from feminine silhouettes and translated into bold, beautiful makeup. Iridescent “peacock feather” eyes gleam in denim and burgundy metallic shades from brow to lower lash line with a hint of aqua on inner corners, ultimately lined with a black kohl pencil. An even, dewy finish of the skin, softly defined pink cheek, and sheer beige lip allow the eyes to be the star of this show.
- Skin: Hydrating Face Cream ($50), Hydrating Eye Cream ($45), Foundation Stick ($40), Creamy Concealer ($22), Corrector ($22)
- Eyes: Blackberry Metallic Eye Shadow (Black Velvet, Fall ’10 $20) all over lid, Dark Rinse Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow (Denim Rose Palette, Fall ’10 $60) in arch, Long-Wear Cream Eye Shadow in Aqua ($22) in inner corner, Black Kohl Eye Pencil (Black Velvet, Fall ’10, $22), No Smudge Mascara ($22) on lashes
- Cheeks: Pink Rose Blush (Denim Rose Palette, Fall ’10 $60)
- Lips: Beige Lip Color ($22 each)
- Brows: Clean and slightly bleached
MAC @ Peter Som
“The look was uptown girl meets Woodstock, a shimmery golden eye to contradict the deep, dark purple lip.” – Tom Pecheux
- Eyes: Studio Sculpt Concealer – Applied over the eyelid. Set powder in invisible – Powdered over the eye area to set concealer. Pigment in with legal – Swept over the concealed eyelid from lash to brow and in the inner eye corner. Iridescent Powder in Silver Dusk – Lightly applied to the inner eye corner and under the brow bone. Studio Fix Lash – Applied to top and bottom lash.
- Face: Studio Sculpt SPF Foundation – Applied all over the face. Set Powder in Invisible – Brushed over the skin to set the foundation for a matte finish. Iridescent Powder in Silver Dusk – Lightly brushed on cheekbones.
- Lip: Lip Pencil in Currant – Lined around the natural shape of the mouth, for perfect lip definition. Lipstick in Kittenish – Applied all over lip with a MAC 242 brush. Mineralize Shadow Duo in my Dark Magic – Lightly applied over lipstick with fingertips.
MAC @ Doo.ri
“This season we wanted to push it up – creating dramatic colour with a glam-rock inspired lip.” - Tom Pecheux
- Eyes: Face and Body Foundation – Applied to the eyelids using fingertips MAC Pro Set Powder in Invisible – Brushed over the eyelid. After using Face and Body Foundation. Iridescent Powder in Silver Dusk – Lightly brushed all over eye area using a MAC 224 brush.
- Face: Face and Body Foundation – Applied to the face and neck using fingertips to give a matte, light coverage. MAC Pro Sculpting Powder in Shadowy – Lightly brushed below the cheekbone using a MAC 116 brush to contour the cheeks. MAC Pro Set Powder in Invisible – Lightly applied to the entire face to set.
- Lip: Lip Pencil in Cherry – Lined around the edges of the lip. Matte Lipstick in Ruby Woo – Dabbed over the entire lip for full coverage. MAC Pro Glitter in Turquoise – Gently brushed over the entire lip with a wet brush. MAC Pro glitter in 3D Silver – Applied to the center of the lip.
Bobbi Brown @ Elie Tahari
Tahari’s Fall 2010 collection is all about texture, and the makeup is no exception. Skin is velvety, soft and natural, with a dusting of blush on cheeks. Bronze and gold shadows are layered on eyes, reflecting metallic hues from the collection. Icy, shimmering lips add the final touch of glamour.
- Skin: Hydrating Face Cream ($50), Hydrating Eye Cream ($45), Foundation Stick ($40), Creamy Concealer ($22), Corrector ($22)Eyes: Sandy Gold Long-Wear Cream Shadow ($22) and Chrome Eye Shadow in Gold on lower-lid, Bash Metallic Eye Shadow and Indigo Nights Metallic Eye Shadow as liner, Everything Mascara ($22)
- Cheeks: Pink Rose Blush (Fall ’10, Denim & Rose Face Palette $60)
- Lips: Ice Lilac Glitter Lip Gloss (Fall ’10, Denim & Rose Face Palette $60)
- Brows: Natural