bareMinerals The Night Vision Eyeliner Set
These Visions Last the Night
bareMinerals The Night Vision Round the Clock Eyeliner Set ($29.00 for 0.12 oz.) includes five shades: 11PM (dark charcoal), Midnight (blackout), 4AM (blue teal), 5AM (metallic champagne), and 6AM (royal purple). The formula is supposed to be smooth, bold, long-wearing, and waterproof.
- 11PM is a darkened gray. It builds well, but in one pass, it had rather weak pigmentation.
- Midnight is a rich black with brown undertones. It is incredibly pigmented in a single go.
- 4AM is a light-medium sky blue with a touch of silver micro-shimmer. It had so-so pigmentation in a single glide but was buildable.
- 5AM is a silver-gold-champagne-pewter. It changes depending on the angle–at one, it looks pewter, then the next, it looks almost golden. This is the one shade I have nothing that even comes close to.
- 6AM is a red-toned purple with subtle shimmer and a metallic finish. It was the least pigmented of the five, and it wasn’t as creamy as the other shades.
Midnight is full-sized at 0.04 oz., while the other four shades are half-sized at 0.02 oz. each. All of the shades, except 5AM, are definitely dupable. 5AM is nothing like anything else I have in my stash, and it’s intriguing and versatile, because of how much of a chameleon it is. I hope that bareMinerals makes it part of their permanent range at some point.
The texture of bareMinerals’ Round the Clock Eyeliners is very, very creamy and incredibly soft. They almost feel as if they’re melting into the skin, because they have a texture that’s a bit like softened butter. I expected that the creaminess paired with the softness would result in poor wear, but these actually stayed on and on and on, through showers and over a twelve-hour time period. They even managed eight hours or longer on my water line. Frankly, it was a bit like magic, because these are so creamy and buttery–definitely one of the softest eyeliners I’ve used so go easy on the pressure, because you don’t need much to deposit even color that just glides right no. I will note that sharpening these is best performed slowly or after leaving them in the freeze for a few minutes!
|The consistency is incredibly creamy and soft, which can make sharpening more of a challenge than other pencils, but it does make getting more color in a single pass easier.|
|Login or Register to be able to add this to your Vanity or Wishlist! Plus rate and review!|