bareMinerals Seize the Day Eyeliner Set
It’s Time to Seize the Day!
bareMinerals Seize the Day Round the Clock Eyeliner Set ($29.00 for 0.12 oz.) includes five shades: 10AM (golden sage), Noon (deep navy), 1PM (deep marine), 3PM (deep brown shimmer), and 5PM (deep plum). The formula is supposed to be smooth, bold, long-wearing, and waterproof.
- 10AM is an olive green with soft khaki shimmer. It had great pigmentation in a single go.
- Noon is a shimmered navy blue with cool undertones. It had decent pigmentation in one pass.
- 1PM is a bluish-teal with a matte finish. It was intensely pigmented.
- 3PM is a warm, copper-shimmered medium-dark brown with orange undertones. It had so-so color payoff in a snigle pass but was buildable.
- 5PM is a blackened plum with subtle red-brown undertones. This shade was very pigmented.
5PM is full-sized at 0.04 oz., while the other four shades are half-sized at 0.02 oz. each. Overall, the pigmentation across the pencils was very good–several shades were fully opaque in one pass along the lash line, which isn’t always the case. Most eyeliners are buildable, but shades like 10AM, 1PM, and 5PM don’t need building at all. These have a very creamy consistency that enables them to glide across the lash line or lid without pulling, tugging, or skipping. I’d qualify this formula as one of the softest I’ve come across–which is great in many ways, except for sharpening, where they’re best sharpened after putting them in the freezer for a few minutes.
I did fret over the creaminess when I swatched them, because I feared smudgy, migrating wear, but I didn’t experience that at all. In fact, these wore incredibly well. I tested several shades across time periods as long as twelve hours, and since these are supposed to be waterproof, I did shower with them on, too. They wear and wear without smudging, fading, or migrating. Between this set and The Night Vision, I think this one is less dupable and is of better quality, due to the majority of the shades having great pigmentation.