Get Ashley Greene’s Hair Style @ the VMAs!
MTV Fashion Correspondent on the red carpet, Ashley Greene, had her hair styled by Celebrity Stylist for Pantene, Danilo. Here’s how to get the look…
Get the Look
- Starting on wet hair, Danilo sprayed the Pantene Pro-V Root Lifter Gel on her crown to prime her hair for a voluminous shape on top
- Since Ashley was stationed outside on the red carpet, Danilo combed through the Pantene Pro-V Restoratives Frizz Control Ultra Smoothing Balm from the mid-shaft of her hair to the ends to keep it looking sleek and frizz-free despite the humidity
- After applying the balm, Danilo blow-dried her hair straight
- Danilo then pulled the top half of her hair back, using his classic French Lacing technique to give her healthy volume on top while leaving a dramatic side part for contrast
- Then he used a large iron to create her loose flowing curls underneath, combing when necessary
To hold the look in place, Danilo sprayed her hair with the Pantene Pro-V Texture Hairspray for moveable texture while she worked the carpet
Get Kristen Stewart’s Hair Style @ the VMAs!
With a totally new hair cut and style, Kristen Stewart debuted her short, edgy locks when she presented on stage. Celebrity Stylist for Pantene, Hallie Bowman, styled her hair.
Get the Look
- Hallie started by shampooing and conditioning Kristen’s hair with a moisturizing formula to create a good base for styling
- She began by cutting bangs to create roundness around the cheekbones, a look that is complimentary of her heart shape face
- Hallie applied the Pantene Pro-V Volume Root Lifter Gel from root to tip to begin building volume, as well as the Pantene Pro-V Texture Spray Wax to make hair more malleable for styling
- Then, she blow dried Kristen’s hair while brushing it away from the scalp, periodically flipping her hair over to ensure lots of volume at the crown
- Hallie then pinned sections of her hair back with bobby pins to secure it away from the face, leaving some pieces around the face to give the illusion of a bob with bangs – a nod to the bowl cut, but with a modern feel
- To polish off the look, Hallie used the Pantene Pro-V Smooth Serum to give Kristen’s hair long lasting shine for the night
Get Kristin Cavallari’s Look @ the VMAs!
At the VMAs, Kristin Cavallari’s smoky eyed look with plush, pink lips was created with MAC!
Get the Look
- Myth Lipstick
- Fulfilled Plushglass
- 3 Lash and 7 lash combined
- Smolder Eye Kohl
- Black Crème Liner
- Blot Powder
- Face and Body Foundation in N5
Get Jennifer Lopez’s Hair Style @ the VMAs!
Amazing celebrity hair stylist Ken Paves styled Jennifer Lopez’s hair for the VMAs, and here’s what he said about his inspiration…
“I wanted to pull her hair back in the front for a clean, modern look with a bit of edge and texture. So, I did a modern yet retro take on the ponytail to go with her Louis Vuitton dress.
First, I pulled the hair together and secured it with a hooked elastic band before braiding it. I created a long braid down to the middle of her back, braiding the hair not totally air-dried to allow it to set. I braided it all the way to the bottom, smoothing my Ken Paves Healthy Hair Shine Serum ($30, ULTA) with the intention of partially unbraiding it. I hit it with my Ken Paves Professional Hair-Dryer ($100: ULTA) to dry and set it.
Just before she left, I added a Blax elastic 4 inches down from the top of the ponytail base to old the braid and then unbraided the rest of it for a great textured look.
This is an edgy, modern way to pulling hair tightly back –the braided pony base gives lift from the head and a sleek vibe combined with the explosion of texture in the pony! She loved it, and so did I.”
Get Lauren Conrad’s Look @ the VMAs!
Lauren Conrad is a spokeswoman for mark cosmetics, and celebrity makeup artist Amy Nadine breaks down her look for us…
“Lauren wore a beautiful black and cream Diane von Furstenberg dress, so we decided the inspiration for her look would be “smoldering sophistication”. Lauren wanted a statement eye so we started by lining her eyes with mark Get in Line Hook Up Waterproof Eyeliner in Painted Black with a sweep of mark I-mark Custom Pick Eyeshadow in Corset on top and smudged outward with an eyeliner brush.”
“I started by applying mark Speedway Do Everything in Natural and then dusted her face with mark Matte-nificent Oil Absorbing Powder in Natural/Buff. To further highlight and draw focus to her eyes, I used mark Get Bright Hook Up Highlighter in Light/Medium under her eyes and above her cheekbones. To give her that summer glow, I finished by dusting mark Good Glowing Mosaic Blush in Cameo Glo and mark Bronze Pro Bronzing Powder to her cheeks.”
“I finished Lauren’s look by applying mark Dew Drenched Moisturlicious Lip Color in Skinny Dip to her lips.”
2009 MTV Video Music Awards Round-up
Make sure you’re caught up on all the red carpet arrivals and performances at this year’s MTV Video Music Awards! We’ll have just a bit more coverage and some beauty breakdowns for you tomorrow, so stay tuned!
Red Carpet Arrivals