Today, I’m determined to really march through my backlog of holiday palettes to review. I love all of the opportunities to save money that the holidays bring, but I’m totally overwhelmed with how many palettes I have still to review! I’m thinking I might have to roll out some quick reviews to make ’em all happen before the holidays are gone. Any thoughts? Hope your weekend has been lovely!
- Guerlain Chypre Fatal seems prettier in the bottle than on [Kafkaesque]
- Muse has the goods on Tarte’s blush set on QVC [Musings of a Muse]
- More raves for Chanel’s Charming palette [The Beauty Look Book]
- Three foundation must-haves for any artist’s kit [Dustin Hunter]
- A second chance at love with NARS Satin Lip Pencils [The Misty Mom]
- A list of favorite concealers for medium-dark skin tones [Indya Beauty]
- Making your own candles [Kenzie Woods]
Also, with the holidays right around the corner, one of my favorite places to do my holiday shopping is on Etsy! The reason being is it’s just not the usual place that people I know shop at, so I can get interesting gifts. I’m also a huge, huge supporter of local and independent shops. Though Etsy isn’t necessarily “local,” it feels a lot like shopping local. As an entrepreneur, I really appreciate the spirit and passion that goes into running a small business and doing everything you can to make your lifelong dream and passion a reality. Here are a few of my favorite shops, and you can check my favorites list for more. If you have any recommendations, I’d love to hear ’em.
- JEWELRY: Bella Anela Jewelry — jewelry galore (my most purchased-from shop), Sihaya Designs — gorgeous, original jewelry pieces
- DOGS/PETS: Canine Design — super affordable dog collars, Bigpaw Collars — bow ties and collars for pets (my second most purchased-from shop!)
- BEAUTY: HARE Polish — indie nail lacquers
- DECOR: Ever After Papery — hand painted paper goods, Noaki — for bejeweled and bedazzled bouquets & accessories, The Air Castle — if you ever need a cake topper, Wreath by HH — festive, intricate wreaths
- OTHER: Sparkles Macaron — delicious macarons, Pomber — animal-themed gloves (adorable!)