Summer Makeup: The Setting Sun
If you’ve been a long-time reader, you’ve probably gotten the hint that I love me some sunset-ish colors and looks. I can’t help it! I gravitate towards them. Golds got a hold on me! I think I’m going to do a green look next. Like totally freakin’ green. I try to give greens a rest, since I also have a thing for green, but I think I am due for something green.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC Goldmine Eyeshadow (gold), MAC Amber Lights Eyeshadow (copper), MAC Cranberry Eyeshadow (cranberry), MAC Antiqued Eyeshadow (warm dark brown), MAC Orb Eyeshadow (highlighter), Urban Decay Lucky 24/7 Liner (copper), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: MAC Margin Blush (dirty coral), Dior Amber Diamond SkinShimmer (bronze highlighter)
- Lips: MAC Funbathing Lipstick (berry), MAC Easy Lounger Lipglass (soft pink)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 217 (fluffy angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Funbathing = O; Easy Lounger = Prr
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Goldmine eyeshadow on the entire lid. Lightly blend Cranberry eyeshadow on the inner crease with the 217. Next, apply Amber Lights eyeshadow on the outer third of the lid with the 239. Define the crease with Antiqued eyeshadow and the 226. Blend Orb eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Lucky liner on the lower lash line and then pat Goldmine eyeshadow beneath. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Margin blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116, then lightly pat Amber Diamond skinshimmer on the cheekbones to highlight.
For lips, apply Funbathing lipstick first, and then layer Easy Lounger lipglass for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!