Mix & Match with Urban Decay & MAC
Here’s a look I did test-driving NARS’ new eyeshadow base (got a sample of it with a recent Sephora order) and new Urban Decay eyeshadows. Plus, even though I still don’t feel like Lazy Day is a must-have (and I really thought it was going to be higher on the sell out list than it appears to be), it looks super lovely with Splashing.
How’s your Wednesday going so far? What are you having for lunch? (Or what did you have?)
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (eyeshadow base), Urban Decay Free Love Eyeshadow (peachy-melon), Urban Decay Woodstock Eyeshadow (brightened pink), Urban Decay Psychedelic Sister Eyeshadow (purple), MAC Nylon Eyeshadow (white-gold highlighter), Urban Decay Honey 24/7 Liner (gold), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: Make Up For Ever #6 Aqua Cream (yellow pink with gold), Benefit Sugarbomb Powder (pink-peach)
- Lips: MAC Lazy Days Lipstick (pastel pink), MAC Splashing Lipglass (pink)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Lazy Days = Angel; Splashing = Flusterose
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof base as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Free Love eyeshadow on the inner half of the lid. Lightly blend Woodstock eyeshadow on the outer half of the lid with the 239. Next, apply Psychedelic Sister eyeshadow into the crease with the 226, lightly blending outwards and upwards to fade to the brow bone. With the 239, apply Woodstock eyeshadow into the lower crease and then blended towards the outer corner and lid. Blend Nylon eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Honey eyeliner on the lower lash line and Free Love eyeshadow lightly patted below the lower lash line with the 219 brush. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply #6 aqua cream on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116. Highlight softly with Sugarbomb with the 165 or 131.
For lips, apply Lazy Days lipstick first, and then layer Splashing lipglass for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!