Shimmer on Backstage with Stila
Stila Backstage Eyeshadow Palette ($28.00 for 0.39 oz.) is an eyeshadow palette with six shimmering shades that range from pale peach to rich teal. The palette was inspired by the trends seen at Fall Fashion Week, and all six shades are new and can be used either wet or dry.
I’m so pleased to be able to say that THIS is a palette worth purchasing. The formula of the eyeshadows is exactly like Stila’s normal line. After my experience with their last palette, I was a little wary of this one. The texture is incredibly soft (which may take some getting used to if you’ve never used Stila eyeshadows before), pigmented, and almost creamy despite being a pressed, powder eyeshadow.
- Chiffon is a shimmering medium peach with light yellow undertones. This is the only shade that seemed a little more on the glittery side; chunkier shimmer rather than very fine.
- Flamingo is a red-based fuchsia purple with a light iridescent fuchsia sheen. It’s like a pinker version of MAC’s Stars ‘n Rockets.
- Pacific is a medium-dark blue with a lighter blue shimmer-sheen.
- Luster is a mauvey-plum with a slight gray cast and golden sheen–this is a shade I can get down with, because it’s very different.
- Poetic is a light mauve with a silvery sheen. It reminds me of MAC Shale.
- Coal is a rich, darkened teal with a soft teal sheen.
The palette itself has a brocade texture/patterning on the outside but is made out of paper. There is no mirror inside (which doesn’t bother me, but as many palettes have them, I thought it was worth noting), just a quote. Each eyeshadow is approximately 0.065 oz., which is a little more than your average single eyeshadow, but the palette is priced at just $28 (or ($4.67/each), so it’s a great deal and represents Stila as a brand–quality and all.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ! 🙂
- Product: 28/30
- Value: 10/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
RECOMMENDATION: If you love jewel-toned eyeshadows with soft, buttery textures, Stila’s fall palette is a winner.
Chiffon, Flamingo, Pacific, Luster, Poetic, Coal
Chiffon, Flamingo, Pacific
Luster, Poetic, Coal
Chiffon, Flamingo, Pacific; Luster, Poetic, Coal
Chiffon, Flamingo; Luster, Poetic
Flamingo, Pacific; Poetic, Coal