Spring to Summer Makeup: Pretty in Purple
I ended up layering two eyeshadows in this look, because I felt like Da Bling was really just too pink/dark for the look — I put Digit on top of it to lighten it, and I liked it, but I think you could omit Da Bling and just use Digit instead. I also had to physically restrain myself from applying a bright fuchsia lipgloss on top of the lip combination, because that’s what I always do. I’m not sold on the lip combo with this look, but I do like it alone at least.
P.S. — NARS Eyeshadow Base review coming tomorrow… I swear!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC Da Bling Eyeshadow (pink), MAC Digit Eyeshadow (pale purple), MAC Stars ‘n Rockets Eyeshadow (fuchsia-purple), Urban Decay Psychedelic Sister Eyeshadow (purple), Urban Decay Lust 24/7 Liner (purple), MAC Pro Lash Mascara (coal black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: Illamasqua Nymph Blush (pink)
- Lips: MAC Funbathing Lipstick (berry), MAC Splashing Lipglass (soft pink)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Funbathing = O; Splashing = Cultured
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Da Bling eyeshadow on the inner third of the lid and pull upwards along the inner crease, then overlay with Digit eyeshadow. Lightly blend Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow on the middle of the lid with the 239. Next, apply Psychedelic Sister eyeshadow into the crease with the 226, lightly blending onto the outer lid. Blend Digit eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Ransom eyeliner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Pro Lash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Nymph blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Funbathing lipstick first, and then layer Splashing lipglass for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!