COVERGIRL recently launched their Bombshell collection, which features new cream eyeshadows, mascara, and liquid eyeliner. They asked me to create a tutorial featuring some of the new products, so here’s what I came up with: a sultry, smoky eye that can be paired with a softer pink lip or a more intense, fuchsia-hued lip–depending on just how bold you want to go.
Beginning January 5th through January 25th, all COVERGIRL products will be buy one, get one 50% off at ULTA Beauty. Plus, we’re giving away products from the COVERGIRL Bombshell collection with a $100 ULTA Beauty gift card! COVERGIRL will be hosting a Twitter Party on January 6th at 9PM EST, so be sure to check that out!
Products You’ll Need
- COVERGIRL Bombshell Shine Shadow by LashBlast in Ice Queen, Ooh La Lilac, Platinum Card
- COVERGIRL Flamed Out Shadow Pot in Melted Caramel, Charcoal, Molten Black
- COVERGIRL Bombshell Intensity Liner in Pitch Black Passion
- COVERGIRL Bombshell Volume by LashBlast Mascara in Very Black
- COVERGIRL LipPerfection LipColor in Bombshell, Darling
- Flat, firm brushes for cream eyeshadow application
- Small crease brush
- Fluffy blending brush
- Small eyeliner brush
See more photos and get the how-to!
- With a flat, firm brush, apply COVERGIRL Bombshell Shine Shadow by LashBlast in Ice Queen over the inner third of the lid. Lightly pat and pull the color across the skin, and then with very light, feathery motions, move the edge of the brush horizontally against the harsh edge to soften.
- Then, apply COVERGIRL Bombshell Shine Shadow by LashBlast in Ooh La Lilac to the middle and outer portions of the lid using another flat, firm brush. You’ll want to bring it just barely into the crease, and then soften that edge.
- To add some depth, apply COVERGIRL Bombshell Shine Shadow by LashBlast in Platinum Card to the outer corner and the outer crease using a smaller, flat and firm brush. Lightly pat and feather the brush across the skin to soften and blend out any harsh lines.
- Next, apply COVERGIRL Flamed Out Shadow Pot in Molten Black with a small, slightly tapered, crease brush to the outer corner and crease to provide additional darkness and depth to the look. Use short, small strokes and concentrate on blending out the color so it creates a gradient above and over the crease, towards the brow bone.
- Using the same small crease brush, apply COVERGIRL Flamed Out Shadow Pot in Melted Caramel along the edge of the soft black crease color, as this color will help to transition and ease the gradient as it moves towards the brow bone. For fairer complexions, you may want to use something just slightly darker than your natural skin tone.
- With a fluffy brush, apply your favorite highlight shade underneath the brow, along the brow bone, to accentuate and pull it forward.
- For cheeks, a soft, natural brown works well to give a little definition and color to cheeks without being dramatic. I lightly patted COVERGIRL Flamed Out Shadow Pot in Melted Caramel with fingertips just underneath my cheek bones.
- Now, for lips, you can choose your own adventure! Smoky eyes pair well with beiges, peaches, light pinks, or even bolder shades like fuchsia, berry, plum, and red. For a lighter lip color, I went with COVERGIRL LipPerfection LipColor in Darling. For the bolder lip color, I wore COVERGIRL LipPerfection LipColor in Bombshell.
With a bolder lip color
With a lighter lip color