SEPHORA’S COLORVISION is about transforming a face, a mood, or even an attitude. They had a vision: “Color sets the tone, ignites the moment, defines a mood as quickly as it transforms a look. Open your eyes to our bold new way to see, feel, learn, wear and love color.” Sephora has taken inspiration from this season’s color stories to create and explore a deeper connection to color. It’s less about a single trend, but rather a state of being. Sephora wants YOU opening your eyes to color, YOU connecting with color, and YOU feeling total color confidence. With their vast expertise, Sephora has created three distinct color visions inspired by the hues and shades of fall. Today’s vision focuses on the BLACKEST BLACKS.
Go bold, deep, and dark with three ways to wear rich black eyeliner.
This is a great way to wear black eyeliner that’s subtle enough for every day but still adds definition. Start by wiggling a black pencil liner between upper lashes, and then glide a thin base of black liquid liner from the center of lash lines to the outer corners. Sephora recommends by curling your toes as you line, which will help steady hands (try it!). Connect line from the inner corners to the center using the very tip of the liquid liner for a clean stroke. Blend toward the edges for an even base. Draw the wing by laying the liner tip flush against the outer corners and dragging toward the lash lines. Don’t forget to curl lashes and apply two coats of mascara–try bumping the tip of the wand horizontally against outer lashes to enhance the winged effect.
- Sephora Recommends: Dior Style Liner ($34), Lancome Artliner ($29.50), Dior Blackout Mascara ($25), Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara ($28)
- Finish the Look: Dior Addict Extreme Lipstick in Incognito ($30), Lancome Blush Subtil in Miel Glace ($30)
Try this update on the classic eye that uses an elongated wing to deliver high glamour. Shape the wing by dragging the flat side of a felt-tip liner from the outer corners to the center of the lids. Then, connect the inner corners to the centers using the fine-tipped side of the liner. Trace over the edges with your eyes open, keeping the angle long and low, like a 25-degree incline, and then refine the tall ends. Finish by curling lashes and adding two coats of mascara–make sure to wiggle the brush from roots to ends to lift and separate lashes.
- Sephora Recommends: Buxom Pen and Ink Liquid Liner ($20), Buxom Sculpted Mascara ($19)
- Finish the Look: Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Polish in Betty ($19), Buxom True Hue Blush in Luvitate ($24)
Get all of the drama of black eyeliner with a softer, blurred look. Prep eyes with an eye primer and a wash of neutral shadow over lids; if you want even more dimension, choose a shade two shades darker than your natural skin tone. Next, draw a line from the outer corners to the centers of lids with a rich black eyeliner and repeat from centers to the inner corners. Keep your eyes open and blend the liner with a smudge brush; keeping your eyes opened will help you control the shape and keep the intensity at the lash lines. Press a matte black shadow along the lash lines to set the liner and pro long wear. Finish by curling lashes and slowly brushing on three coats of mascara while lashes are still went to increase intensity without clumping.
- Sephora Recommends: Sephora Collection Outrageous Volume Mascara ($15), Sephora Collection Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner ($12), Givenchy Magic Kajal Liner ($22.50), Givenchy Noir Couture Mascara ($32)
- Finish the Look: Lancome Rouge in Love Lipstick in 230M ($25), Sephora Collection Microsmooth Blush Duo in 05 Tea Rose Tickle ($17)
You can check out full how-tos and breakdowns of the looks from Blackest Blacks here.