Listed below (left to right, row by row)
Scarlet Season: Blue-Based Reds Round-up
Lots of cool, more blue-based reds… Of course, it’ll come as no surprise, but Chanel’s Dragon is definitely one of my favorite reds. It’s almost neutral, but I’d still say it runs just a wee bit cool (and it’s definitely not orange-y–that’s Coromandel!). I also really enjoyed Dolce & Gabbana’s Ruby, Guerlain’s Greta, and MAC Russian Red.
I don’t think you can really go wrong with any of the reds featured throughout the Scarlet Season, just because none of them were bad. They’re all respectable shades of red. I think it’s really about what kind of red you’re looking for (the finish, the hue, the brightness, the undertone!). So…
Which have you been your favorites?
- Row 1: Chanel Dragon Rouge Allure Laque ($32.00), Chanel Passion Rouge Allure Lipstick ($30.00), Clinique Parisian Red Lipstick ($14.00)
- Row 2: Cosmoholic Rockstar Lip Gloss ($20.00), Dolce & Gabbana Ruby Lipstick ($30.00), Dolce & Gabbana Ruby (Shine) Lipstick ($30.00)
- Row 3: Guerlain Gala Lipstick ($45.00), Guerlain Greta Lipstick ($45.00), Julie Hewett Rouge Noir Lipstick ($22.50)
- Row 4: Lancome Red Stiletto ($22.00), Laura Mercier Cherrywood Lipstick ($22.00), LORAC Leading Lady Lipstick ($22.00)
- Row 5: MAC Classic Dame Mattene ($14.50), MAC Port Red Lipstick ($14.00), MAC Russian Red Lipstick ($14.00)
- Row 6: Make Up For Ever #205 Lipstick ($19.00), Rimmel Temptation Lipstick ($5.19), Sally Hansen Garnet Lipstick ($4.99)