MAC Playland Collection
MAC Playland Collection pops up online on
April 10th April 15th (MAC corporate confirmed as of 4/10 8:26AM PST) and hits stores and counters on April 17th. The emphasis of this collection is likely going to be on the lipsticks, I think, given the finish, brightness, and opacity of the six. I’ll be picking up the two shades of Casual Color I don’t have, and as soon as I receive and test, you’ll see reviews for those as well. The Chromagraphic Pencil formula is excellent, but it’s long been part of the permanent Pro range and has been released previously in a consumer launch as well, so while lovely, they are repromotes, which is the same case for three of the four Pigments. The Lipglasses were a miss for me–almost all had problems applying evenly.
- BEST PERFORMING: Black Black (A+), Head in the Clouds (A), Happy-Go-Lucky (A), Red Balloon (A), Toying Around (A)
- WORST PERFORMING: Bright Side (C), Hi-Def Cyan Pigment (C-), Neo-Orange (C-)
- MOST UNIQUE: Bright Side, Live It Up, Genuine Orange
- LEAST UNIQUE: Black Black, Happy-Go-Lucky, Toying Around
- PERSONAL RECOMMENDATIONS: Black Black, Head in the Clouds