I attended Nordstrom’s Cosmetics Trend Show this past weekend, and now it’s time to share some of the tips and tricks shared throughout the show with my dear readers. The show was divided into three scenes: Matte Skin, Lined Eyes, and Red/Burgundy Lips.
SCENE 1: MATTE SKIN
This season’s extra-fine matte finish creates a natural yet flawless look. Unlike the heavier mattes of the ’90s, today’s mattes are more lightweight and transparent, offering you healthier and brighter-looking skin without the shine. You’ll feel fresh and rejuvenated in this fall trend.
- Diorskin Extreme Fix Long-lasting Setting Powder | A universal color suitable for all wearers to help set foundation and liquid products for ultimate day-long wear.
- DiorShow vs. DiorShow Unlimited | Unlimited as a skinnier brush than DiorShow, which allwos for more precision and getting every single lash.
- Prescriptives Custom Blend Bronzer | Prescriptives recommends ensuring you have both a winter and summer bronzer, rather than a year-long one to achieve great, natural-looking skin.
- Fusion Beauty SkinFusion Micro Tech Soft Focus Fluid Foundation | With SPF 10, this is a colorless foundation that activates with your skin to match your color flawlessly.
- Trish McEvoy Brow Builder | Build fuller eyebrows with this brow extension product.
There’s so much more for me to tell you!
SCENE 2: LINED EYES
Dynamically lined eyes gtive power and strength to this season’s makeup. Apply black, grey, or slate liner to top lashes for a flirty flare or a bold rocker look. Apply to jsut the lower lashes for a tough, chic, edgy look. When eyes are drawn in black, lips are done in more natural tones. It’s not about hiding the lips–it’s about keeping the focus on the eyes.
- Clarins Advanced Extra-Firming Neck Cream | The neck is one area that even plastic surgery can’t fix so protect with SPF!
- Shiseido Accentuating Cream Eyeliner | Fade, smudge, and water proof!
- Philosophy Microdelivery Peel | In the morning, you need Vitamin C; in the afternoon, suncreen; at night, retinol–plus a peel every now and again.
- MAC Cosmetics Lashes | A whole slew of false lashes that are to die-for, all newly revamped by celebrity lash artist Christina Smith, and now with clear bands.
SCENE 3: RED/BURGUNDY LIPS
Saturate your lips in scarlet, burgundy, or aubergine hues this fall. Vamp up this look with ultra-gloss, or smooth it down with matte pigments. With all the attention on lips, eyes are done with a hint of color and defined with mascara.
- Estee Lauder Signature Lipstick | Great shades to suit you, and a plethora of reds with every undertone you could think of.
- Clinique Supermoisture Makeup | It was pushed through a soft serve machine (like for ice cream!) to get the rich, luxurious texture.
- Lippman Spray On, Get Off | Remove those tough calluses with this easy technique.