Pseudo-Look: Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3
Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3
Sometimes it can be fun just to experiment with your makeup, and you know when is a really good time to do it? Before you’re going to go to bed! After I finished photographing Urban Decay’s Naked Palette, I really wanted to do something using Gunmetal, but I wanted it to be different than just a regular ol’ smoky eye… so I thought, “Let’s try Half-Baked and Gunmetal!”
Then it started to give me this “night sky” feeling… and then I thought, “Maybe this would be really cool with silver eyeliner… I think I will try… just for fun!” Oh man, I was paying for that fun, though. My upper lash line was itching and watering so bad! I just wanted to get photos taken as soon as possible that I didn’t even realize the damage all that watering had done (removed the inner corner!). So, I ask that you excuse the missing piece of the puzzle and the bloodshot eyes!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), Urban Decay Creep Eyeshadow (deep blue-black), Urban Decay Gunmetal Eyeshadow (blue-gray), Urban Decay Half-Baked Eyeshadow (copper), Urban Decay Virgin Eyeshadow (soft beige), Urban Decay Deviant 24/7 Liner (medium blue), MAC Silverstroke Fluidline (silver), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: Chanel Rose Temptation Blush (reddish plum)
- Lips: Chanel Rose Dentelle Rouge Coco Lipstick (soft pink), Chanel Rose Dilemma Glossimer (pink)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush), 208 (thin, angled brush)
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Creep eyeshadow on the lowest third of the lid and pat across in a horizontal line (almost as if you were lining the upper lash line). Lightly blend Gunmetal eyeshadow above Creep eyeshadow to the crease with the 239. Next, apply Half Baked eyeshadow into the crease with the 226, lightly blending. Blend Virgin eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Deviant liner on the lower lash line, and then smudge Gunmetal eyeshadow on the outer third of the lower lash line with the 219. Apply Silverstroke fluidline on the upper lash line with the 208 brush. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Rose Temptation blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Rose Dentelle lipstick first, and then layer Rose Dilemma glossimer for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!