Chanel Cassis, MUFE #6L, UD Crash, UD Rockstar, MUFE #4L, CoverGirl Violet Voltage, UD 1999, Guerlain Bohemian
Plum (Purple) Eyeliner Comparisons & Dupes
I split up purples into two, because I had a lot of plummy shades and then several more violet/blue-based purples, so I thought it was best to separate the two as they are similar to each other!
- Chanel Cassis Long Lasting Eyeliner is a dark plum with a near matte finish. (Review)
- Make Up For Ever #6L Aqua Eyes is a plummy purple with a cooler finish–less red than most plums have. (Review)
- Urban Decay Crash 24/7 Liner is a darkened plum-brown with a frosted sheen. (Review)
- Urban Decay Rockstar 24/7 Liner is a darkened plum-brown with a frosted sheen. (Review)
- Make Up For Ever #4L Aqua Eyes is a medium plum (Review)
- CoverGirl Violet Voltage Liquiline Blast is a red-toned plum with a near matte finish. (Review)
- Urban Decay 1999 24/7 Liner is a lightened red-tinged plum with gold shimmer. (Review)
- Guerlain Bohemian Stylo Yeux is a burgundy plum with a metallic sheen.
DUPE ALERT! Crash and Rockstar are surprisingly similar. Crash appears to be slightly brighter/plummier.
DUPE ALERT! Makeup For Ever #4L Aqua Eyes is a slightly lighter, sheerer version of CoverGirl’s Violet Voltage, which is really weird to say. The CoverGirl one does require layering though, but it comes together a little better in the end–also seems more matte.
Formula/Wear: CoverGirl Liquiline Blast is the only one that I have any issues with based on my experience. CoverGirl just requires more layering, as it is not as pigmented as the other shades here. I have not tested Guerlain Eyeliners in full, so I cannot comment on wear.
See more swatches!
Chanel Cassis, MUFE #6L, UD Crash, UD Rockstar
MUFE #4L, CoverGirl Violet Voltage, UD 1999, Guerlain Bohemian