Philosophy The Color of Grace Coloring Book ($37.50) is a springtime palette that works if you’re looking for something soft, elegant, and delightfully feminine. It contains two sheer lipglosses (Be Sweet and In Love), two neutral eyeshadows (Angel and Dream), cream highlighter (7th Heaven), powder blush (Pure Joy), and powder highlighter (Amazing Grace).
- Be Sweet Lip Gloss is a sheer, pale pink with a little bit of milkiness and subtle white shimmer.
- In Love Lip Gloss is a sheer, medium pink with lots of shimmer.
- Angel Eyeshadow is a soft, whitish pink with just a little bit of shimmer and a very satin smooth feel.
- Dream Eyeshadow is a darkened brown with reddish undertones that goes on rather sheerly.
- 7th Heaven All-Over Illuminator is a pink-tinged champagne cream highlighter that can be applied heavily or sheered out for a subtle glow.
- Pure Joy Powder Blush is a semi-sheer brightened blue-based pink with subtle gold shimmer.
- Amazing Grace Shimmering Face Powder is a brightened soft white-pink with white shimmer.
I don’t think Philosophy is re-inventing anything here, but it’s a very girly palette that will appeal to those who want subtle color, whether it’s on their eyes or cheeks or lips. I wish Dream eyeshadow was more pigmented, because then I’d like the palette more. It’s a bit of a sheer wash when I tested it out, so it’s hard to get the amount of darkness out of it that I want.
The palette itself is packaged in a “leather-bound” book style, with white stitching on the edges. It’s cute and slim, and it’s also lightweight, so it’s great for traveling. It’s nice but not quite Amazing (ha).
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ! 🙂
- Product: 25/30
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
Be Sweet, In Love, Angel, Dream
7th Heaven, Pure Joy, Amazing Grace