Do you consider yourself an artist when it comes to makeup? Why/why not?
N Collection – A portrait in the nude, daring in its stripped-down sensuality with natural and pearlized shades of Mineralize Skinfinish that play up the nakedness of cheeks, lips, eyes. For a glamazon who knows the power of artifice but has the confidence and allure to strip it all away. N. Collection is naked, with coverage — it’ll be our little secret. Custom-created high performance brushes mean that no one need ever know. Seductive, and ripe for a scandal.
- 1N Light nude/Plain with rose pearl
- 2N Creamy light pink
- 3N Pastel, milky pink
- 4N Creamy medium brown
- 5N Clean bplum rown
- 1N Creamy, white-light brown
- 2N Creamy natural gold-pink
- 3N Natural bronze with gold and pink pearl
- 4N Light chocolate brown with red pearl
- Nanogold Clean gold with rose pearl
- Modest Tone Neutral dirty light brown
- Neutral Pink Deep medium blue-pink
- Rich Flesh Neutral warm brown
- Remotely Grey Dirty grey-brown
- Dark Edge Deep chocolate brown
- Soft Ochre Yellow beige
- Quite Natural Dirty chocolate brown
- Creamola Darkly tinted light brown
- Sublime Culture Pink with caramel
- Graphblack Richest black graphite
- Brownborder Deep chocolate brown
- N Colour Creamy Beige
- Demi-Blanc Beige with green pearl
- Naturally Rich Milky chocolate
This collection should be available from MAC from January/February 2008. Check out more photos! Continue reading →
ESTEE ILLUSIONIST MASCARA ($21.00)
Seductive curves. Now, power shape your lashes with up to 160% more curl. Advanced aerodynamic gel formula with innovative curling polymers gives lashes weightless, seductive curves, without stiffness or flaking. New pigment technology creates intense black impact shades that absorb light and surround your eyes in the beauty of deep, rich color. Fragrance free. Ophthalmologist-tested.
- Applicator: Medium-sized brush with an oval shape to it–small point a the end.
- Clumping: Only mild clumping was experienced on the third coat towards the roots of lashes, but not at the ends.
- Curl: This isn’t a curling mascara, but it does hold a curl when you’ve used a lash curler.
- Ease: Quite easy to apply given the nature of the wand, which allows for more precision to get to harder to reach lashes on the inner area and the lower lashes.
- Length: You get a decent amount of length after a few coats of this mascara–not the longest I’ve ever seen–a good length for both natural and more dramatic looks.
- Thickening: I would have to say that I didn’t feel like my lashes were significantly thicker, even in the appearance.
- Volume: I found I got more volume out of this Estee Lauder mascara than some of the others I’ve tried. I felt like my lashes appeared fuller.
- Best: I liked how full my lashes looked thanks to the volumizing effect of the mascara, and the length that came out was quite lengthy. This is a great everyday mascara for those who want a bit of length and drama, but nothing over the top.
- Worst: No real downside to this mascara; perhaps the price is a turn off for those who are more budget-conscious.
Just because it is the holidays is no reason for people to go into debt. In fact, we are a firm believer in creating and setting a budget, as well as a plan of who to buy and who to not buy for. As a result, we want to give you a guide that keeps your budget in mind, so here are some of our favorites to give this year that are less than $10.
Score these perfect, inexpensive gifts for your loved ones this holiday season.
What would your perfect mascara do? Would it give you a curl to die for? Lashes so long they reached your brows?
From around the Splendicity community, comes the best posts of the week.
Beauty and Fashion Tech has Great Beauty Books for Holiday Gifts.
Viva Woman checks out what’s the correct sunblock dosage to get sufficient coverage.
Beauty Secrets Revealed is Running A Christmas Contest.
Ellen from Spa Beautifully is curious about Intraceuticals Rejuvenation Infusion facial that is now being offered in Toronto.
Still looking for more? Check out some great links to fashion & shopping blogs! Continue reading →