MAC Cosmetics for Rodarte Collection for Fall 2010
For the original discussion and debate (which is still on-going), as well as collection details, please visit our original post on MAC Rodarte. We will continue to update you when we have more information. We also continue to ask our readers and visitors to maintain our community standards of respect towards each other in their comments.
This afternoon, MAC responded to our request for any updates, and we were able to receive the following:
STATEMENT FROM M·A·C COSMETICS ON THE M·A·C RODARTE COLLECTION
We understand that product names in the M·A·C Rodarte collection have offended our consumers and fans. This was never our intent and we are very sorry. We continue to listen carefully to the comments we have received and have the following plans to address concerns:
- We are committed to donating $100,000 to a non-profit organization that has a proven, successful track-record helping women in need and that can directly improve the lives of women in Juarez in a meaningful way.
- We are changing the product names in the M·A·C Rodarte collection.
As we have done in the past, please be assured that we will communicate details regarding our progress in this matter.
STATEMENT FROM RODARTE ON THE M·A·C RODARTE COLLECTION
We recognize that the violence against women taking place in Juarez needs to be met with proactive action. We never intended to make light of this serious issue and we are truly sorry.
Helping to improve the conditions for women in Juarez is a priority for us and we are thankful for all the comments calling attention to the urgency of addressing this situation.
- Yes, I planned to before!
- No, I won't.
- No, but I didn't plan to before (e.g. not my colors).
- Yes, now I will!
- Other - I'll tell you in the comments!
Total Voters: 4,319