Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
NARS HOLIDAY COLLECTION 2008
Going into the holiday season, François Nars imagines a look marked by deep purple-infused hues to match the autumnal mood, offset with hints of sparkle to answer the call for festive touches. Bold, regal purple eyes pair with a berry-stained glossy pout. Metallic tones of silver and gold gild the eyes, tempered by a sheer yet statement-making lip. With such rich attention-demanding colors adorning the eyes and lips, cheeks and nails need nothing but a hint of peachy-pink made even more flattering with a whisper of pure gold.
So, I’m pretty sure I have to have Silent Night eyeshadow. Like I will die without it.
- Jolie Poupee Duo Eyeshadow Vibrant violet/pearlescent purple ($32.00)
- Night Life Single Eyeshadow Silver with silver particles ($21.00)
- Silent Night Single Eyeshadow Metallic with gold particles ($22.00)
- Super Orgasm Blush Peachy pink with gold glitter ($25.00)
- Canaille Lipstick Shimmering mahogany ($24.00 )
- All Night Long Lip Gloss Dusty Raspberry ($24.00)
- Orgasm Nail Polish Peachy pink with gold shimmer ($16.00)
Available: November 2008 at narscosmetics.com.
See detailed photos! Continue reading →
How important is packaging to you? Do you not buy certain types? Do you care how it looks? Has packaging ever caused you to impulse buy?
Reallyyy quick look I did running out the door to school last night. I originally was just going to try Crushed Bougainvillea as a lip stain, but ah, such is life. Got a little carried away! More to show you what things look like than a real look, I’d say. (Oh, and I didn’t like how the cheeks turned out so I pretty much rubbed them away and went with no cheeks instead, LOL.)
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (soft neutral beige), Ricepaper eyeshadow (light neutral), Mineral eyeshadow (cool dark brown), Lancome High Deficils Mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Crushed Bougainvillea CCB (raspberry), Fresh Morning CCB (pale light pink)
- Lips: Crushed Bougainvillea CCB (raspberry), Bait lipglass (light pink)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Mineral = Mystery; Crushed Bougainvillea = Loverush/Plumful; Bait = Flusterose
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. Apply Ricepaper eyeshadow all over lid and brow bone. Darken the outer lid using Mineral eyeshadow and drag into crease using the 239. Finish with Lancome High Deficils mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Crushed Bougainvillea using the 190 brush. Highlight cheeks with Fresh Morning CCB on cheekbones with the 188. Apply Crushed Bougainvillea CCB to lips, and then top with Bait lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
MAC for Ungaro pictures!
See product close-up shots… Continue reading →
OVERALL, Ungaro is almost like a relief from the darker, more intense fall and winter launches we have been seeing lately. I suppose if I had to describe it in a word, I would say natural. I picked up both of the CCBs as well as Mineral eyeshadow (which I didn’t think would appeal to me).
What did you haul?
Individual product reviews and swatches… Continue reading →
In my quest to find some great choices for fall lips, Clinique’s lipsticks in A Different Grape, Black Violet, and Double Truffle appealed to me. (I really love the Double Truffle name; it makes me giggle!) The lipstick formula itself is creamy, softly shimmery (reminds me of a lustre). The shimmer looks more like a nice glossy sheen once applied to the lips.
See swatches and lip swatches! Continue reading →