Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
CHRISTINA AGUILERA shows off a perfect red pout with a gold-and-black smoky eye (and dramatic lashes, of course). Unlike Eva Green’s recent look of red lips and dark smoky eyes, Aguilera uses golden hues to soften the dramaticism of her look. Apply your favorite eyeshadow base (cult favorite is most likely Urban Decay’s Primer Potion) all over lid, including over the crease. With the 239 brush, apply NARS’ Cyprus eyeshadow along inner lid and just above the natural crease. Apply MAC’s Brun eyeshadow on outer lid and above crease with the 239 brush. Take the 224 crease brush and apply MAC’s Carbon eyeshadow in light taps to the outer crease, darkening the crease itself and just a bit of the outer lid. Using the 239, apply MAC’s Shroom eyeshadow underneath brow and blend into the grayish-brown shadow. Line eyes with MAC’s Blacktrack fluidline using the 266 brush both along the upper and lower lash lines. Apply MAC’s #6 lashes for extra drama, X-tina style.
Aguilera’s dewy skin is a thing to be envied, but you can mimic her flawless skin by using MAC’s Face & Body foundation, which has a natural dewy finish. It isn’t incredibly dewy (if this is your style, try MAC’s Mineralize Satinfinish), but not too matte, either. Dab foundation to your cheeks, chin, forehead, and nose using a concealer brush like the 194. Spritz a fluffy powder or buffer brush (129, 150, or 182) with water or Fix+, and then brush out the dabs of foundation to give yourself an even layer of foundation. With the 150 brush, apply a gentle sweep of MAC’s Well-dressed blush along the apples of cheeks. Apply a light dusting of MAC’s Dancing Light beauty powder with the 150 brush along cheekbones to highlight and accentuate them as the light reflects off of your natural bone structure to enhance your facial features.
To get ultra-defined lips, begin by lining lips with MAC’s Red Enriched cremestick liner. Using the 316 lip brush, apply MAC’s Dubonnet lipstick along lips, making sure to cover the outer portion before moving to fill in the inner parts of the lips. It is likely that you will need to apply an additional coat or two to achieve evenness and the desired color richness. Pout prettily and be one gorgeous glamour girl!
Save 35% by using code FF07 through December 31st! Have fun shopping!
John Masters Organics Linden Blossom Face Creme Cleanser ($19.00)
Non-foaming, this is the gentlest cleanser available for the face. The softening properties of rose and linden blossom essential oils mixed with a light facial creme gently clean away dirt and make-up.
What makes it worth it: All John Masters Organics products must be 75-100% organic with no petroleum or non-carbon based products. They use as much organic ingredients as they can manage in their products, which means this is a line and product that is perfect for those wanting to protect the environment and still get their dosage of beauty. They also do not test on animals, use environmentally-friendly harvested ingredients, and no artificial colors/filters/fragrances can be used in their products. This is to be used as an extremely mild face wash for sensitive skin, and it is also great for removing makeup. For those who need extra moisturizing, it can be left on the face for an additional five minutes. This is so gentle that it is safe for babies! I like this product for its environmental stance, and I do like that it’s incredibly easy on the skin.
Why you might pass on it: I personally found the scent of this to be a bit too organic/natural for me. I could use a stronger note of citrus or something to subdue the scent of the natural ingredients. If you’re not into organic beauty, you might find the price point a bit too high for your liking.
Find this product at John Masters Organics boutiques and www.johnmasters.com.
The ultimate dichotomy of innocence and seduction, NARS Spring 2008 mystifies with a melange of hues delicate yet robust, creating the modern hybrid of feminine temptation. Gossamer pearl and golden champagnes veil eyes with hypnotic subtlety, while shades of burnt sienna, rose and poppy ignite lips with lascivious splendor for an overall look of irresistible attraction.
Due to their wildly popular success, classics Dolce Vita and Belle de Jour are reinvented in new textures; the dusty rose hue of Dolce Vita is given a high shine brilliance in a gloss formulation and Belle de Jour’s nude beige is modernized in a seamless matte finish.
- Alhambra Duo Eyeshadow Metallic rose mist and golden champagne $31.00
- Abyssinia Single Eyeshadow Delicate Pearl Sheen $21.00
- Success Lipstick Burnt sienna $23.00
- Manhunt Lipstick Sheer poppy red $23.00
- Dolce Vita Lip Gloss Dusty rose $23.00
- Greek Holiday Lip Gloss Sparkling Pink Sand $23.00
- Belle de Jour Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Nude Beige $23.00
- Orgasm The Multiple Peachy Pink with Shimmer $36.50
Available: January 2008@ www.narscosmetics.com.
Now, let us tantalize you with some product photos! Continue reading →
Pacifica Candles’ Soy Candles ($13.95), Pillar Candles ($15.95), Soaps ($6.95), Perfumes ($19.95), Body Butters ($15.95)
Each Pacifica candle is made by hand, using century-old techniques to ensure the highest quality. We combine our exclusive Pacifica Wax Blends, in your choice of food-grade paraffin or vegetable-based soy, with the highest quality lead-free cotton wicks, essences, and essential oils in order to create the perfect candle. Our fragrance oils and candles are made in small batches, allowing us to test our products regularly to guarantee perfection. We believe that if a candle isn’t burning well, quality ingredients are being wasted. Regardless of the wax, whether it is soy or paraffin, there must be a perfect balance between the wick size and the fragrance to create a safe, healthy, and smokeless candle.
What makes it worth it: This is not an organic line per se, but it definitely has the right feel and attitude about the environment, natural ingredients, and being a responsible member of its community. Pacifica uses soy and food-grade paraffin in its candles, while they make sure to use natural essential oils rather than artificial fragrances. They have excellent employment policies, are working towards becoming a carbon-neutral company, and take inspiration from culture around the globe.
- Soy Candles: I tried Tibetan Mountain Temple (a spicy, woody scent of Patchouli, ginger, and orange) and Bourbon Island Vanilla (another spicy scent with lots of vanilla). I enjoyed both scents, but my boyfriend adored the latter. I felt like Tibetan Mountain Temple reminded me a lot of the holidays and the cinnamon-y goodness you find in so many holiday baked goods.
- Pillar Candles: I tried Roman Frankincense (a blend of Frankincense, Myrrh, a touch of mandarin, and I’d swear some lime) and Vietnamese Ylang Ylang French (a lovely blend of ylang ylang, lavendar, and a touch of vanilla). I’m totally reminded of Sprite or 7UP with Roman Frankincense, but I like the scent – pleasing, very masculine. The Vietnamese Ylang Ylang French pillar candle is a much subtler scent, entirely feminine and just lovely.
- Natural Soaps: I tried Spanish Amber (deeply woody, amber scent) and Wild English Clary Sage (a great clean scent with clary sage notes). Spanish Amber definitely takes me back to a few moments of my childhood; it’s a strong scent, distinctly masculine. Wild English Clary Sage is also a bit masculine in its scent, but it’s such a clean scent that I know it’s a must-have for any family or couple who shares soap.
- Perfumes: I tried Waikiki Pikake (a blend of jasmine and sandalwood) and Tuscan Blood Orange (sweet orange and mandarin scent with a touch of strawberry). I found both of these scents to be pleasing, and they come in these petite containers. They make great stocking stuffers!
- Body Butters: I tried Sandalwood (rich Indian sandalwood that’s very woody with top notes of sweet orange) and French Lilac (a delightful spring scent of fresh lilacs and magnolias). Sandalwood is a very rich, heady scent, which reminds me of seduction. I felt like French Lilac makes a great spring scent, because it’s light and airy and utterly floral.
Why you might pass on it: You can’t. They have a wide variety of products, scents, and the prices are perfect for this holiday season. Everything feels a bit luxe and rich, and I really can’t wait to wrap these up and hand them out to my family and friends this year.
Find Pacifica products at www.pacificacandles.com and www.nordstrom.com.
DR. BRANDT’S DISCOVERY KIT ($85.00)
This convenient instant gratification kit contains everything you need to replenish and retexturize your skin, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and maintain skin’s natural firmness. Includes:
- mini microdermabrasion instantly polishes away dead skin cells leaving skin smooth and radiant – 0.5 oz
- mini r3p- anti-aging formulation of three intense polypeptides, and potent antioxidants to refinish, replenish and retexturize your skin 0.5 oz
- mini laser tight- tighten and tone, leaving skin firm and improving elasticity. 0.5 oz
- deluxe size crease release targeted formula to diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles 0.25 oz
What makes it worth it: First, I love skincare kits that give you an opportunity to try before you buy [in full-size], because then you save a bit of money and get a chance to test out products you might not have on its own. I followed the instructions that come with the kit, which means you start with Crease Release. I have to say, even though I don’t suffer too many fine lines yet (thank god, but I know they’re coming, boo!), I did notice that my eyes looked a bit brighter, and my smile lines (sigh) were less apparent. Next to use was Laser Tight, which comes in a pump-bottle (yay!) and is meant to tighten and tone. I think this was one of my favorites out of the kit, because my skin just felt so much healthier and great after using this for a few days. I liked that it was an unscented moisturizer, because sometimes it’s refreshing to have little to no fragrance in a facial product. R3p is an anti-aging ultra thick cream – I wouldn’t quite call it a luxe cream, because it’s a bit different from that in that it has a thick texture, but it is not really heavy cream. It takes a few minutes to absorb, and you really do need to let everything dry before you continue with the steps. Since I know I tend to dry out when I use anti-aging products (just so long as I never go through Retin-A results again, I’ll be OK!), I only used this once a day (PM) and enjoyed the results. For my microdermabrasion treatment, I went with the once-a-week-regimen, because I have fairly normal skin that only reacts oddly around the mouth area. This scrub doesn’t require much product to get total coverage of the face, and it doesn’t feel too rough or harsh against the skin. In fact, I definitely think this would be a good idea for sensitive skinned readers who would like to try a facial scrub. Overall, my skin thanked me for its healthy glow and incredibly soft texture. Even my boyfriend mentioned I had been looking more awake and refreshed!
Why you might pass on it: The price tag is steep, at least to plunk down all at once, but it really is an incredible value. The products should last you a good while before you need to replace them, and of course, you get to test-drive four products in one kit. Although, if you do love these as much as I did, your wallet may cringe at the thought of buying everything full-sized, so best ask friends and family to stuff your holiday bin with Discovery Kits!
Available at www.drbrandtskincare.com.
Find out how to use this great kit with step-by-step instructions straight from the Doctor… Continue reading →