Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Fafi is a French artist who conjures up the most curvaceous cuties — chick-a-boom characters that make us smile. A Fafi girl is a nymphette with a Ph.D. in passion — she’s an adventuress with a very animated love life! From Toulouse to Tokyo, the movie of her life is a rags-to-riches love story, an electric Technicolor dream in violet, coral and strawbaby anime. Find her pouting on compacts, preening on packaging, and as the cutest doll we’ve ever seen — soon to be on every MAC lover’s vanity.
- Fun ‘n’ Sexy Blue pink with blue pearl (glaze)
- Not So Innocent Sheer tan with pink and peach pearl (glaze)
- Utterly Frivolous Rosy coral with pink pearl (lustre)
- High Top Grey purple with blue pearl (glaze)
- Flash-n-Dash Intense tangerine red with pink pearl (glaze)
- Strawbaby Coral rose with rainbow pearl (lustre)
- Cult Fave Blue mid-tone pink with white pearl (frost)
- Sugar Trance Creamy soft pink with white and rainbow pearl (frost)
- Squeeze It Brassy plum (frost)
- Totally It Sheer bright pink with intense pink pearl (frost)
Fafi Eyes 1
- Howzat Deep grey with silver sparkle (satin)
- Hey Neutral tan with white pearl (veluxe pearl)
- Pink Venus Washed pink (lustre)
- Vanilla Soft pale-peachy-ivory flecked with shimmer (velvet)
Fafi Eyes 2
- Bold as Gold Yellow gold with gold pearl (lustre)
- You’re Fresh Pale green with silver sparkle (lustre)
- Shockwave Intense orange with silver sparkle (velvet)
- Prankster Muted dark blue (satin)
- Nice Vice Dirty purple with purple pearl (frost)
- Girl Friendly Creamy grey pink (cream)
- Layin’ Low Creamy beige (cream)
- Cash Flow Green gold with gold pearl (frost)
- Perky Cream coral with white pearl (satin)
- Rollickin’ Aqua blue green with white pearl (frost)
- Blacktrack Solid flat black
- Smolder Intense black
- Fascinating Snake-eyes matte white
- Hipness Intense coral with soft white pearl
- Fashion Frenzy Mid-tone blue pink
IRIDESCENT PRESSED POWDER
- Sassed-up Soft coral pink with gold sparkle
- Verve-acaious Intense yellow gold with gold pearl
- Belightful Gilded peach bronze
- Girls Will Be Girls Pink with coral pearl
- Boom! Rich eggplant with purple pearl
- 210 Precise Eye Liner Firm, extra-fine tip brush for precision lining with emollient or water-based products. Replacement to old MAC 210 Eye Liner Brush.
- 129SH Powder/Blush (with decorated pouch) Soft natural fluffed dome Brush for application of powder products on cheeks and face. In a special decorated Fafi-themed pouch.
- 208 Angled Brow Brush Firm, angled tip Brush for precision application of brow and eye-lining product.
- 182 Buffer Brush Ultra-soft, large, rounded dome tip Brush for use with powder face and cheek product.
Available February 13th, 2008 in most US and Canada locations, as well as www.maccosmetics.com.
Check out a TON more photos! Continue reading →
We have a TON of information about the Fafi collection, which launches today in most locations, but call your store to find out! Here is the low-down on the Fafinettes!
A faFiNETte is: uNIque, fREsh, iRreVereNT, strong, playful, edgy, fun, sweet, sexy.
Imagine a world where strong, bold women rule supreme, and the expression of femininity via sexuality, attitude, and use of bright, intense colour is de rigueur. Now add a dash of sophisticated urban street cred. Sound cool? Witness MAC’s latest collaboration with edgy graffiti artist, Fafi. For this project, MAC worked exclusively with the Paris-based artist to create three distinct “Fafinette” characters: Monoka, Ermine, and Eriko that embody the signature depictions of sexy, liberated girls that have earned Fafi a devout following in the street art world. What follows is a hip spring colour collection filled with bold, empowering hues, unapologetically girly lip shades of pearly pinks and tangerine reds, iridescent powder, brown, blue and green Paint Pots and Quads, and whimsical cosmetic accessories. And get ready to line up for the limited edition Fafi icon figurine, a highly collectable toy created exclusively for MAC. Step into the magical world of FAFI FOR MAC, where anything is possible.
MeeT tHe MAC faFINetteS
These ageless creatures live in a fantastic, magical realm called the Carmine Vault, but they love to peer in on us. Fafinettes crave colour and creative expression, and they’re inspired by hip earth chicks that incorporate
bold, fabulous makeup into their style. The three Fafinettes you’re about to meet began to notice that this iconic
kind of trend-making female shopped at MAC. So like elves, by night they hop in Lupus, their jet-setting, dimension-travelling car, and sneak into MAC stores to play with makeup!
The book nerd, Monoka, loves the blinding lights and technology-driven culture of Tokyo. She also has a weakness for shochu (Japanese vodka) and delicious sukiyaki, a thinly sliced beef dish served with raw eggs. She’s a consummate bibliomaniac and loves to read the classics, but she has a weakness for ’50s-era French erotica, and plugs into rap music in her spare time. She adores girly lingerie and sleeps with high heels on! On her iPod: Yo Majesty, Lloyd, Ying Yang Twins,
Bat For Lashes. On her Goodreads.com: Edward Bunker: Aucune Bête Aussi Féroce, Bidouille & Violette by Hislaire. Raves: Singing 50 Cent at karaoke bars, Polaroid cameras, Ouija boards. Rants: Tomates à la Provençale, thongs, people who visit her at home and don’t take their jackets off.
Ermine is your typical cheeky Frenchie with a soft spot for the New York graffiti scene. When she’s not watching
television reruns, she’s in Brooklyn trying to spot new graffiti characters or eating Indian food in Jackson Heights, Queens. She loves snowboarding and knows how to DJ, but she’s over it now because it’s become too trendy. On her Tivo: “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” “Yo Gabba Gabba,” “Little House On The Prairie,” “V.” Raves: Un Bracelet De Cheville Pour Probation,
the smell of gasoline. Rants: Movies starring Tom Cruise (especially Jerry McGuire), Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes, plastic pushpins.
Eriko is the big sister of the bunch, and even though she hails from Japan, she’s all about Paris. She especially loves the marche in the Marais, a street market filled with cuisine ranging from crepes to Moroccan dishes, sandwiches, fresh fruits and vegetables. On her Facebook profile: videos of her dancing to the KLAXONS songs, blogs about French Tecktonik Fever. Raves: Baking life-size gingerbread men, collecting chic blue ashtrays – like the ones from the tables at Caviar Kaspia in Paris, Las Vegas print thighs. Rants: Personal Computers, people who own restaurants and don’t hold or participate in food drives.
The perfect pout
Fafinettes know the power of the pout, and aren’t afraid to use their secret weapon. Start with a coat of creamy Lipstick–the collection ranges from pearly blue-pink Fun-n-Sexy to coral rose Strawbaby, then sweeten the deal with a coat of MAC’s signature Lipglass in Fafinette-friendly shades like Totally It (sheer bright pearlized pink) and Cult Fave (blue-pink with white pearl).
cAugHt in tHe hEADlightS
A Fafinette might appear to be doe-eyed, but like some pop stars we know, she’s not that innocent. Shades like silvery green You’re Fresh Eye Shadow and dirty purple Nice Vice prove that this chick’s not afraid to show her true colours.
iT’s aLL aBout pLAytime
Limited edition makeup bags and the tres chic Fafi figurine, by Medicom Toys, let you take a step deeper into the fantasy world of the Carmine Vault, a parallel universe where girls just wanna have fun, and do. Fafi, a now internationally acclaimed artist, started tagging walls in her hometown of Toulouse back in 1994. Today, her murals are welcomed in countries across the world, including the U.S., Japan, Germany and Spain among others. She has two books, Girls Rock (2003) and Love and Fafiness (2006), in addition to various artistic collaborations. She currently lives in Paris.
“The Nude Collection was inspired by color I see naturally in women’s faces. Nude makeup is pure genius because it’s easy to apply and it enhances the natural tones of your skin. It’s the perfect choice for anyone who loves a naturally sexy look.” — Bobbi Brown
Nude Lip & Eye Palette | Bobbi’s new Nude Lip & Eye Palette is the must-have item Featuring a beautiful range of nude shades housed in a sleek compact with slide-out drawer and mirror. Also includes Shadow Brush and Lip Brush with a protective cap. ($60.00)
- Buff Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow (New, exclusive)
- Nude Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow (New, exclusive)
- Bare Eye Shadow (New, exclusive)
- Naked Eye Shadow (New, exclusive)
- Bare Lip Color (New, exclusive)
- Beige Lip Color
- Brownie Pink Lip Color
- Cocoa Lip Color
Glitter Lip Gloss | This season Bobbi has created four new Glitter Lip Gloss shades to complement the Nude Lip & Eye Palette. These skin tone-inspired shades infused with flecks of glitter give lips a polished and sophisticated look– the epitome of unstudied glamour. ($19.00)
- Almost Bare
Availability: Both the Nude Lip & Eye Palette and the new Glitter Lip Glosses will make their debut on counters and www.bobbibrown.com March 2008.
Check out a couple of more photos! Continue reading →
What designer would you like to see collaborate with MAC? What kind of collaboration do you see happening? What might it look like?
Question courtesy of Tanya!
Oh, you thought we already reviewed plenty of lip products? Think again. This is the one of the few times of the year that I can focus on the beauty that is the lips, and I fully intend to milk it for all its worth.
Cargo Plant Love Lipstick ($20.00) in Joshua Tree was a sheer cinnamon red color, very subtle and wearable for the everyday. I must extoll the values of the PlantLove line, because Cargo donates $2 for every sale of every shade to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. The lipstick is moisturizing because of the jojoba and shea butter found in it; it is also eco-friendly because of the ingredients it uses (and the packaging, too–the tube is made entirely out of corn and the outer carton is flower paper embedded with real seeds). Cute fact: moisten the outer carton, plant, and wait for a bouquet of wild flowers (seriously? I think I need to try this).
Neutrogena MoistureShine Soothing LipSheers ($8.99) come in a variety of shades, and for those who want subtle color, these offer a solution! They are sheer, buildable colors that are incredibly moisturizing, much like a tinted lip balm, that come in sleek silver tubes.
Palmer’s Dark Chocolate & Cherry Lip Butter ($2.40) is an easy way to go for this Valentine’s Day, when you want an ultra low-key, totally natural kind of lip. It’s glossy and shiny, but not sticky nor goopy. It’s very moisturizing (yay!), and did you not see the price? Because I think that sells the product! I found that it smelled much like dark chocolate, less noticeable cherry scent, but hey, I liked it. My boyfriend could smell it immediately after I put it on, too. Yummy! Oh, plus, it is pocket size, so it’s perfect to carry on-the-go in your jeans’ pocket or in your purse, regardless of whether it is a tiny clutch or a huge mega-purse.
Kiehl’s Lip Gloss Trio ($43.50) comes in three different sets: cool, warm, and kiss me (new shades). Their newest shades are French Rose and Downtown Peach. As I am a fan of super glossy, moisturizing, non-sticky glosses for everyday, “I’m just going to the grocery store,” kind of times, Kiehl’s is one of my favorite go-tos. I tend to have one of these stashed in at least one of my purses, because they’re totally portable and easy to use. Don’t let the potent color scare you, because all of these glosses are sheer and forgiving. Kiss your boy with this without worrying about leaving a lip imprint behind!
Here’s a look I did on my little sister’s friend who wanted me to do her make up before they went out. She didn’t want it too crazy looking but she wanted a lot of shimmer. I only had fifteen minutes to complete the look, so it’s not exactly the best make up job or highest quality pictures, but they told me to send it to the site ’cause they loved it.
- Estee Lauder DayWear Plus in Medium Deep
- MAC Prep + Prime
- MAC Select Cover Up in NW30
- MAC Studio Mist in Medium Dark
- MAC Sculpt & Shape
- Bloom Powder Blush in Rosebud
- Stilife Paint
- Rubenesque Paint Pot
- Eye Kohl in Smolder
- Bella Il Fiore in Viva Las Vegas
- Bella Il Fiore in Jailhouse Rock
- Much (eyebrows)
- Brow Set in Clear
- DiorAddict in Capricious Pink 2
- L’Oreal Color Juice in Watermelon Crush
- Sweet Talk in Cherry Vanilla shimmer
Check out a full face photo! Continue reading →