Shop Pink, Part 1
October 1st marks the start of Breast Cancer Awareness month, and many brands participate by creating or marketing certain products as Pink products. Our motto at Temptalia is: if you Need Pink, why not Shop Pink while you’re at it?
Shop Pink when there’s something you need/want, but if you find yourself just wanting to support the cause, the best way to raise awareness and support the cause is by donating directly to the charity of your choice (whether it’s time, money, beauty products, clothes, etc.). Purchasing Pink products always helps, too, but consider donating directly if all you want to do is support the cause. (You can also join us in our fundraiser, too!)
We’re just going to tell you about Pink beauty products, but there are plenty of brands across the retail market, from cereal to socks to lipstick, that are also joining in and raising awareness and donations.
- AVEDA: Aveda will donate $4 from each sale of the Breast Cancer Awareness Hand Relief to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation to fund environmental research to help find a cure, with a maximum donation of $300,000. www.aveda.com
- Bobbi Brown: Bobbi Brown will be donating $35,000 in connection with the North American sales of Pink Ribbon Collection to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. www.bobbibrown.com
- Bumble and Bumble: Bumble and bumble will donate $1.00 from every can of Classic Hairspray sold on Bumbleandbumble. com and in our two NYC Salons during September and October to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. www.bumbleandbumble.com
- Clinique: $10 per Lipgloss Key Chain purchased during the month of October will be donated to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. $10 per Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion sold during the month of October will be donated to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. www.clinique.com
- Darphin: Darphin will donate $20.00 from each sale of Arovita C Energic Firming Cream during the month of October to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Darphin will donate $5.00 from each sale of the Energic Firming Décolleté Treatment during the month of October to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. www.darphin.com
- DKNY: DKNY will make a donation of $15,000 in connection with the sales of the DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. www.dknyfragrances.com