Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Sarah tells us… How to Get Her Green and Gold Look!
Start with a clean face
- Rub MAC Strobe Cream Lotion all over face
- Rub Smashbox Photo Finish Primer all over face (except eyes)
- Rub MAC Prep + Prime Eye Primer all over lid
Work on the eyes
- Brush MAC Brow Set in “Beguile” into brows
- MAC Gorgeous Gold (ES) in very inner corner of eye (I used the ” Loew and Cornell Maxines Mop brush)
- MAC Goldmine (ES) on middle of lid (1/2″ Mop brush again)
- Too Faced Lucky Charms Duo (ES) in outer corners and creases (using L&C ” Mop brush) and BLEND!
- Sweep MAC Vanilla Pigment onto browbone (I used Japonesque’s #232 brush)
- MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack on lower and upper lashlines (I used a small Sonia Kashuk angle brush)
- Too Faced Lash Injection Black Mascara on upper and lower lashes
- Wipe off any excess fallout with a baby wipe
Back to the face
- Stipple MAC NC30 Studio Fix Foundation all over face – even the lips (I used an Esscence of Beauty Large Foundation Brush)
- Sweep any translucent powder over your face to set foundation
- Too Faced Sun Bunny Bronzer under cheekbones to contour (I used a Size Large Round Mop brush by LC)
- MAC Blush in Pink Swoon on apples of cheeks (I just used my fingers)
- Swipe on MAC Lipstick in Hue and finish it off by gliding some MAC Plushglass in Angel Cream over that.
Check out more photos… Continue reading →
One of Temptalia’s regular readers, Tekoa, has a very heartwarming tale she wanted to share with you. I hope it brightens up your Saturday morning as much as it did for me when I first read it! Now, let me let Tekoa tell you what happened…
The story begins in a MAC store. Eddy and I have been going out for about two years, and during that time we both became well known at the local MAC store. He is a classic enabler for my MAC addiction, offering such thoughts as ‘You should get all the Slimshines!’ and ‘I think you need another lipgloss. Lets go to MAC!’ Often, a date would involve him subtly directing me into the store to visit our Makeup Artist friends and to acquire a surprise present.
This month I was in Ethiopia/Israel for summer school. While I was away, Eddy worked with the MA’s for an incredibly romantic surprise. The day after I got back, he took me to the MAC store under the impression that there was a Super Secret launch that was being released that day. In retrospect, I really should have known better since Temptalia was silent on the matter :). Anyways, we walk in and greet people. Then he takes my hand and says that he lied to me; there was no Super Secret launch that day. And then Eddy gets down on one knee and asks me to marry him. Awwww!
To celebrate the happy event, the MAC store itself had a surprise for me. It was a gift box full of makeup from the N Collection, Heatherette and Neo Sci Fi! Love and loot, I am a blessed girl indeed.
1) “It’s not a secret launch!” 2) The proposal
3) The ring! Happy! 4)YES!
CONGRATULATIONS SHANNON (TEKOA) & EDDY!
What makeup would you take on a week-long beach trip/vacation? How many of what? What would be essential?
The Neon2 pigments are exactly that–NEON! They are day-glo, super bright, borderline-obnoxious (okay, maybe they ARE obnoxious) in terms of just how much color potency they have. Yes, some of you may feel that these colors actually burn your retnas. I bought all six more or less so that I could review and bring y’all swatches and photos, though I will certainly try a few looks for you. Probably not today, if only because I am not in a “neon” mood, LOL. The texture is matte, but they all remind me of True Chartreuse’s texture–which is a glorious matte. Goes on like a true dream, smooth, buttery, and delightful to work with. I tend to use pigments as bases, and these would work well under ANY shadows that you want to brighten up.
I have some safety information, plus individual color reviews/descriptions (and lots of photos!). Continue reading →
For June, I want to see you rock BLUE! Here’s four more ladies who rocked blue eyeshadow–but don’t forget to check out the first round of entries. Continue reading →
DARING | FALL 2008 | PRESCRIPTIVES
This fall, dare to go soft and neutral or alluring and dramatic with Prescriptives’ Fall 2008 Color Collection. Daring, a textured on-trend color collection of sapphire and amethyst jewel tones, features an intriguing range of shades. Eyes take the spotlight with warm browns, rich sapphire and amethyst tones. Cheeks are natural in soft shades of cherry and pink. Lips are muted in subtle tones of champagne and rose. Show us what your Daring looks like – the choice is yours.
Fall Dimensions Eye Color Quad (Limited Edition) ($42.00)
This specially designed multi-dimensional compact is available in each of Prescriptives’ four Color Families. These pre-filled palettes contain a selection of trendy shades to create a natural, intensified or dramatic look. Each shadow is embossed with a unique design.
- Silver Lining, Purple Haze, Buttermilk, Brownie (Y/O)
- Cobalt, Pongee, Relic, Malt Sparkle (R/O)
- Orchid, Chiffon, Plum Smoke, Fig (R)
- Sparkling Rosé, NEW Blue Moon, NEW Black Tea, Rose Powder (B/R)
See what else is coming up at Prescriptives! Continue reading →