Tell us why/what you love, hate, or are indifferent about… CREAM BLUSHES!
What eyeshadows have you hit pan on? Which shades?
China Glaze Retro Diva Collection for Fall 2009 – Part 2
Six more shades from China Glaze’s latest launch, and there is sure to be at least one that catches your eye. My personal favorites were Cords, Let’s Groove, and Thunderbird. What are your faves?
- Cords is a metallic-y grayish taupe-brown. It has silver flecks of shimmer and a metallic sheen, but I did find brush strokes to show up more often in the finish.
- Let’s Groove is a rich, vroyal purple with cool purple and hot pink shimmer laced within it. I loved this shade — it looked so stunning on the nails.
- Thunderbird is a vibrant ruby red with softer red shimmer. It applied easily and without a fuss. It’s just such a rich shade of red that made me go “ooh!”
- Skate Night is a raspberryish shade with softer pink-raspberry shimmer. It’s a gorgeous shade, and it is lighter than Stroll, for those who thought they looked the same.
- Cruisin’ is a paler, lighter shade of orange with brown undertones. It has soft orange shimmer. It’s not as bright as Free Love, especially because the brown helps tone it down quite a bit.
- Street Racing is a rustic shade of copper with a little bit of red. It has flecks of bronzy-red shimmer and a metallic finish. I found brush strokes did show up a bit, but not too badly in this one.
See more swatches…
China Glaze Retro Diva Collection for Fall 2009 – Part 1
For fall, China Glaze is bringing back the shades of the 70s for your polishing pleasure. Twelve shades with metallic-y finishes, soft shimmer, and lots of deep hues. Here are six of the twelve, with the second set to follow shortly! Of these six, my favorites were Short & Sassy, Stella, and Stroll.
- Far Out is a warm-toned caramel brown with golden-bronze shimmer. It applies evenly and is opaque in about one medium thick coat or two thin-to-medium coats.
- Short & Sassy is a gorgeous, rich burgundy-red-wine with low shimmer. It’s a rich shade of garnet, which definitely makes it a perfect hue for the cooler fall season.
- Stella is a purple wine shade with fuchsia-pink shimmer. It applies easily and streak-free with either two thin or medium thick coats.
- Stroll is a mostly opaque strawberry-jelly shade of red with golden shimmer weaved through it. I really loved the color itself, but I found application a bit more finnicky, so more precise, clean application is a must.
- Drive In is a fiery red with orange glimmer that really does remind mem of the way fire looks at night. Very pretty!
- Free Love is a bright shade of orange with just a touch of brownish-red in it that keeps it from being too bright. I love the flecks of orange shimmer in it.
See more swatches…
If you were using MAC Pollinator Eyeshadow?, what look would you create with it?
What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips? Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product!
Did you come up with a look you’d like to share featuring today’s product? You can link to your images, embed your images using HTML, or you can submit your images via e-mail to share them with readers to help give them inspiration on how to use the product!
What’s your eyeshadow application technique like? Describe the process you go through for a typical look!