Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
If you were using Bobbi Brown’s Pink Quartz Shimmerbrick, what look would you create with it? What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips?
Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include Pink Quartz! Feel free to share links to photos of your look(s) using it in the comments.
Do you ask yourself questions before you buy something? Do you ask, “Will I wear this often?” or “Do I have anything similar?” What do you ask yourself when you consider a product for purchase?
I think about how often I will use it, whether it will work with products I already have (undoubtedly, this is usually a yes), how many similar colors do I have, do I really need it, and do I really want to pay that much?
MAC Cosmetics: Guide For The Newly Addicted, Part 10
This is the final installment of the guide, and I asked readers to share their questions about what I didn’t cover and should, and here are the answers. Please feel free to suggest more topics in the comments!
Finish Descriptions — Tekoa
- Frost | Most frost finishes have high amounts of shimmer, and the majority I have encountered are fairly smooth when a brush goes to pick up color and the pay off is decent most of the time. MAC has a lot of shadows with this finish, including the coveted Parrot, as well as cult favorites Bronze, Goldmine, and Ricepaper.
- Lustre | More of a chunky, glittery finish; lots of shimmer and tends to flake off when the brush bristles touch it. This is not the most popular finish, because a lot of people experience too much chunkiness/flaking. However, several colors are nice (Aquadisiac, Greensmoke, Swimming, etc.).
- Matte | Flat, no shimmer color with decent color pay off in some cases — they tend to be chalky in some specific shadows. Some favorites are Chrome Yellow, Passionate, and Soft Brown.
- Matte2 | An updated version take on matte finishes with a creamier, less chalky texture. Goes on smooth with much better color pay off. Some favorites are Clarity, Newly Minted, and Prussian.
- Satin | Similar to a matte, but it has just a slight touch of sheen to it. Color pay off is good for most satins. I do find some shades look like they have shimmer (e.g. Fade, Parfait Amour, Juxt) rather than just sheen, but it is a very seamless shimmer, which is why it is considered a sheen.
- Veluxe | Again, a finish similar to mattes, but much creamier and smoother. They tend to make think of going on like butter – the pay off tends to be intense. Very few shadows have this finish–just four permanent colors–Brown Down, Kid, Samoa Silk, and Velvet Moss.
- Veluxe Pearl | Good amounts of shimmer, but very smooth when applied. This finish tends to give good color intensity and pay off, making them one of the favorite finishes. Generally no flaking or chunkiness whatsoever. Some of my personal favorites are Antiqued, Freshwater, Gorgeous Gold, Shimmermoss, Stars ‘N Rockets, and Woodwinked. This is my favorite finish as well.
- Velvet | A low-level shimmer finish that tends to be good in color and smooth when picked up. Some great shades are Bitter, Contrast, Juiced, and Texture.
- Amplified Creme | Very creamy, opaque, and has a high gloss finish. This is my personal favorite finish, and it includes popular colors such as BLankety, Dubbonet, Girl About Town, and Vegas Volt.
- Frost | High in shimmer with a glossy sheen, color pay off may vary, but tends to be on the opaque side. Popular favorites are Bombshell, Lame, New York Apple, and Sandy B; it is also a popular finish for many of MAC’s lipsticks.
- Glaze | Sheerer colors that go on with a nice glossy finish, lipstick feels smooth. This finish is claimed by few permanent lipstick colors, but some to mention are Gleam, Hue, and Pervette.
- Lustre | Less shimmer than a frost, but still some, and this formula tends to run sheerer than frosts, but with more pay off than galzes. Usually color is fairly buildable. Some favorites include Capricious, Hug Me, Plink!, and Sweetie. This is a fairly popular finish for lipsticks.
- Matte | Intense color pay off, drier textures (in some cases), no shimmer, no sheen/glossiness. Popular favorites are Honeylove, Lady Danger, Ruby Woo, and Russian Red.
- Satin | Kind of like a matte and a glaze–very subtle glossy finish. Color pay off seems to vary, but usually decent. Colors to think about include Brave, Cherish, Myth, and Snob.
False Lashes — Tekoa
- Specific lashes: 20 (half lashes meant to bulk up the outer half of lashes), 30 lash (kind of like individual lashes to fill in where you want), 38 (outer half of lashes)
- Natural length lashes: 1, 7 (really), 31, 32, 33
- Full lashes: 3, 4, 7, 36
- Dramatic lashes: 2, 6, 34, 35, 37
- Lower lashes: 39, 40
- Personal favorites: 7s, 36s (also known as “Sultress” lashes)
Keep reading to learn about Store Etiquette and Pigments! Continue reading →
Jason Hoffman, a principle makeup artist for Shu Uemura, created this look JUST for Temptalia readers using Shu Uemura’s REBIRTH spring collection (which is gorgeous–I am sure everyone remembers the lovely promo with the wind blown hair and vibrant green eyeshadow!). The look is called “Earth.”
Face | Matte looking skin with a subtle highlight around eye and brow with Glow On.
Eye | Rocket Eye Pencil Energy Flow: mix coral and white from lash line to crease. Rocket Eye Pencil Energy Flow: place yellow pencil in the corner of the eye. PES Sunstream: dust all over eye lightly on bottom. PES Earth Brown: blend on the outer corner of the eye close to lash line. Basic Black mascara: apply to top and lightly on bottom.
Cheek | Glow On Harmonious Orange on the cheekbones.
Lip | Rouge Unlimited Serene Pink applied to top and bottom of lips.
Get REBIRTH at www.shuuemura.com!
It’s too bad the pictures didn’t do this justice, because it DID come out really nice in person. Just really subtle and softly smoky. I wanted something super quick and simple, but I wanted something that was noticeable.
I used Ricepaper eyeshadow all over lid, Espresso eyeshadow in outer crease and corner of lid, and Ricepaper eyeshadow above crease. I wore Margin blush on cheeks with Sculpt sculpting powder to contour. I had Gentle Coral tinted lip conditioner on my lips.
Continue reading →
EURISTOCRATS | March 2008 — European Exclusive
- Barcelona Red Frosty deep coral
- Bombshell Soft bright rosy-pink with golden shimmer
- Cockney Sheer yellow red with multi dimensional pearlized pigments
- Costa Chic Frosty light coral
- Fast Play Medium neutral pink with plum-brown undertones
- Full Fuchsia Bright clean warm pink
- Going Dutch Frosty mid tone pink
See the other shades… Continue reading →