Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
If you were using MAC’s Ravishing Lipstick?, what look would you create with it? What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips?
Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product! Feel free to share links to photos of your look(s) using it in the comments.
What are your absolute staples? What do you use all the time that you couldn’t give up?
One of my most frequently asked questions in makeup is: what color eyeshadow will suit my ______ colored eyes?
Generally speaking, both artists and makeup artists are knowledgeable about the color wheel, which displays several colors in a circle. Complimentary colors are opposite of each other; for example, red’s complimentary color is green.
Typically, the following is advised:
- Green eyes: Purples, pinks, and reds
- Blue eyes: Oranges, coppers, golds
- Hazel eyes: Warm tones, bronzes, greens
- Brown eyes: Browns, bronzes, greens
- Gray eyes: Grays, cool tones, brown
Do you agree? Do you find that the colors that make your eyes “pop” are complimentary? I have hazel eyes, and in that respect, both greens and bronzy colors do work well; depending on the hue, it will either bring out the green or the brown/gold flecks in my eyes.
- Sephora Brand BCA Pocket Brush Set ($15.00) Cute, purse-sized brush set with an adorable pink case. $1 from the sale of each brush set goes towards The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
- Tweezerman BCA Slant Tweezer ($20.00) A portion of the proceeds from the sale of the tweezers will benefit Breast Cancer Awareness and Research.
- ghd IV styler hot pink Pink Styler ($255.00) ghd will donate $15 from each sale of this hot pink iron to the Young Survival Coalition through October.
- Too Faced Eyeshadow Duo – Betsy Baby Betsy Baby ($17.00) Too Faced has committed to donating $3 per sale of this limited-edition shadow to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF). In return, Betsy has personally committed to the same donation, as has Sephora and $9 per sale of Betsy Baby will be directed to BCRF!
Please consider participating in Temptalia’s Breast Cancer Awareness Fundraiser!
If you could revamp Urban Decay Primer Potion, what would you change? What would you keep the same? How would you make it an even better product?
visit Sephora.com to purchase
Clarisonic ($195.00) is one of those products you tend to hear raves about, but you take one look at the price tag and run in the other direction. But you’re always wondering, “Does it actually work? Is it worth it?”
Yes, and yes. Most definitely.
The Clarisonic Skin Care System was developed by the creators of the Sonicare toothbrush. I look at this in a similar way–the Sonicare toothbrush price tag shocked people, but it does give you a great clean. It’s a purchase that saves you money elsewhere in your life. The toothbrush kept you from going to the dentist as often for problems (or minimized problems found during your regular visits), and the Clarisonic does the same. You get a better clean, which lets other skincare products absorb better–you know, that pricey serum you purchased may have better results because of the increased absorption.
Here’s the other big reason why both sonic systems work: the timer. You’re supposed to brush your teeth for two minutes (30 seconds per side), and because the Sonicare lets you know when to switch sides, you actually brush for that length of time. Same idea on the Clarisonic; you can choose between one minute and two minutes cleansing times, and it will beep approximately every thirty seconds. We are all busy, busy people, so we often don’t think about whether we are properly cleansing. A few weeks ago, I read about a study where people who washed their hands properly with regular soap had the same amount of bacteria leftover as those who washed properly with antibacterial soap–because the key was washing your hands properly, getting underneath the nails and giving yourself enough time.
So, let me tell you how my skin has changed as a result of using this product for the past four weeks! Continue reading →