- How often do you wash your brushes?
- What do you use to wash your brushes?
- Do you spot-clean your brushes between colors?
MAC Too Fabulous Collection: Mineralize Blushes
Just a little sneak peek at things to come… (And yes, there is one missing — Two Virtues.)
Look: Warmed-up, Smoked-out Greens
I was in a green mood, so I opted to go for yellow-based greens with a smoky edge!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot (neutral beige base), MAC Golden Olive Pigment (olive green), MAC Goldmine Eyeshadow (true gold), MAC Juxt Eyeshadow (light yellow-green), MAC Humid Eyeshadow (forest green), MAC Femme-Noir Eyeshadow (matte dark green), MAC Ricepaper Eyeshadow (matte dark green), neutral highlighter), Make Up For Ever #17L Aqua Eye Liner (light green), MAC Feline Kohl Power (black), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Korres Tinted Moisturizer (#2)
- Cheeks: Dolce & Gabbana Nude Blush (soft beige-pink)
- Lips: MAC Fresh Salmon Lipstick (pinky coral), MAC Gold Dust Lipglass (sheer orange-gold)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Femme Noir = Humid + Carbon; Fresh Salmon = See Sheer (lightly); Feline = Graphblack; Gold Dust = Instant Gold
For eyes, start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Next, apply a secondary base of Golden Olive pigment on the lid only with water-based mixing medium. Using the 239, apply Goldmine eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Juxt eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Humid eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Apply Femme Noir eyeshadow into the outer crease with the 226. Lightly tap and brush Nylon eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Ricepaper eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying #20L eyeliner on the lower lash line and sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Nude blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Fresh Salmon lipstick first, and then layer Gold Dust lipglass for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!
Bobbi Brown Cabana Corals Collection includes two new shades of Lip Color (Cabo Coral — a warm pink coral; Guava — a medium tone nectar) and three new shades of Metallic Lip Color (Calypso Glaze — a golden pink; Coral Glaze — a nude nectar; and Coral Reef — a medium pink coral). All five new lipstick shades are $22 each with 0.12 oz. of product per lipstick. From Bobbi Brown’s website, Cabo Coral and Coral Glaze are limited edition.
I received three of them to test-drive, and my favorite was definitely Cabo Coral, but I like my lipsticks creamy and pigmented… so it wasn’t even much of a contest!
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
Recommendation: If you’ve always wanted to wear coral, but you couldn’t find the right shade, Bobbi Brown has five different versions to check out.
Dolce & Gabbana Intimate Sensuality Collection for Spring 2010
Inspired by colour directly from the runway, a select palette is reinterpreted and revitalized each season with an astute eye. The designers salute the past as they portray the present and forecast the future. The Make Up explores the duality of femininity and sensuality… the look is insouciant and nuanced.
Introducing the Intimate Sensuality Collection for Spring 2010: a collection of timeless elegance, extreme romance and smoldering sophistication. Inspired by the always simmering, subversive sensuality of traditional Sicily, Dolce & Gabbana emphasize their vibrant heritage and celebrate their signature sensibility of daring contrast and undeniable glamour. The collection is created for the Dolce & Gabbana woman, a woman who must play countless roles, relishes challenge, takes chances, expects luxury, seeks glamour… and is only satisfied with the best.
Classic Cream Lipstick ($30.00)
- Petal (#145)
- Glam (#115)
Shine Lipstick ($30.00)
- Precious (#125)
Precision Lip Liner ($30.00)
- Ultra (#7)
Ultra Shine Lipgloss ($29.00)
- Innocence (#78)
Smooth Eye Colour Quad ($59.00)
- Petal (#145)
- Stromboli (#130)
Smooth Eye Colour Duo ($36.00)
- Mystery (#106)
Crayon Intense ($29.00)
- Nude (#9)
Luminous Cheek Colour ($44.00)
- Apricot (#27)
Intense Nail Lacquer ($20.00)
- Petal (#103)
- Drama (#106)
Availability: March 2010
See more photos…
La Mer Launches The Regenerating Serum
The Max Huber Research Labs have created The Regenerating Serum, La Mer’s new anti-aging powerhouse. Four years and hundreds of hours of lab work in the making, this ultra-luxe elixir is the result of the combined effort of physicists, marine botanists and biologists around the world. Not only does it contain a high concentration of La Mer’s proprietary Miracle Broth™, but it also includes the new Regenerating Ferment™, derived from marine plant stem cells.
Selected for its vigor and ability to withstand and resist stress, the stem cells of a marine plant Eryngium Maritimum are harvested and grown in a lab through sustainable processes. The cultivated cells and the liquid that contains them are then fermented, using sono-chemistry that helps to boost the activity of the ingredients to create The Regenerating Ferment™. It’s a process similar to that which Dr. Max Huber pioneered when he created its predecessor, the Miracle Broth™ in Crème de la Mer.
The Regenerating Ferment™ helps skin trigger its natural production of collagen, elastin and other “youth proteins,” harnessing the power of the skin’s ability to renew its appearance. In a day, skin looks rejuvenated. With continued use, the appearance of lines, wrinkles and pores is radically diminished for a seemingly ageless look. And this multi-action serum accomplishes all of these feats with a lightweight suspension formula that’s friendly to all skin types.
- Miracle Broth™: The original fermented elixir, known for its healing energies, developed by Dr. Max Huber.
- The Regenerating Ferment™: A new bio-ferment containing potent marine plant stem cells. The Regenerating Ferment™ assists in the skin’s renewal, helping support its natural structure, restore its integrity and protect it from external aggressors.
- The Marine Peptide Ferment: An anti-age marine algae and peptide complex which helps firm the look of skin and boost its natural collagen production, reducing the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
- Colloidal Gold: A skincare super-conductor that effectively delivers skin smoothing, firming and anti-irritant benefits to the skin.
- Lime Tea: A unique lime peel extraction, and one of Dr. Huber’s original ingredients included in Crème de la Mer—a perfect antioxidant companion to the Miracle Broth™.
The Regenerating Serum (1 oz.) will retail for $250.00 and be available in March 2010 at select Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman and www.lamer.com.