Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
ESTÉE LAUDER INTRODUCES VINTAGE JEWELS
This holiday season create a look of unforgettable glamour and sophistication. Inspired by fashion’s of-the-moment opulent, seductive jewel tones, Estée Lauder introduces Vintage Jewels – a decadent color collection of quiet blacks illuminated by hints of rich Amethyst, Sapphire and Emerald gemstone hues.
The perfect complement to the season’s luxurious fabrics of silk and satin combined with lace, Estée Lauder’s Vintage Jewels collection completes the impression of aristocratic elegance as smoky eyes composed of the unexpected combination of almost blacks and modern brights are complemented by glowing cheeks and warm ruby lips.
The Line Up
- Shimmering Jewel Powder ($32.00)
- Sumptuous Mascara in Black ($19.50)
- Signature Eyeshadow Duo in Amethyst ($25.00)
- Smoked Eye Pencil Smoked in Smoked Amethyst ($18.50)
- Signature Lipstick in Black Cherry ($19.50)
- Pure Color Nail Lacquer in Blackberry ($18.00)
- Signature Eyeshadow Duo in Sapphire ($25.00)
- Smoked Eye Pencil Smoked in Sapphire ($18.50)
- Signature Lipstick in Ruby ($19.50)
- Pure Color Nail Lacquer in Ruby ($18.00)
- Signature Eyeshadow Duo in Emerald ($25.00)
- Smoked Eye Pencil Smoked in Emerald ($18.50)
- Signature Lipstick in Rich Red ($19.50)
- Pure Color Nail Lacquer in Red Tango ($18.00)
Vintage Jewels is available for a limited time at all Estée Lauder counters and www.esteelauder.com.
Make Up For Ever’s Limited Edition Holiday Gift Sets
Aqua Eyes Collection ($35.00)
An assortment of smooth and creamy Aqua Eyes in 5 highly pigmented musthave shades. This collection features convenient travel sized Aqua Eyes #0L, #3L, #7L, #10L, and #11L
HD Microfinish Powder & Kabuki Brush Kit ($49.00)
A universal, invisible finishing powder that gives a “soft focus” effect to skin, this powder is an inimitable formula that is incredibly soft and satiny and uses ultra fine, spherical microparticles made of 100% Mineral Silica Powder. These extremely refined, round microparticles allow natural and artificial light to reflect off of them, thereby softening and ultimately masking lines and imperfections for a perfect, radiant complexion on screen and in real life. Use the Kabuki Brush to dust the powder over foundation to set.
Back to Black Collection ($39.00)
A collection of best sellers and client favorites, this kit includes Faux Lash Floriane #21, Aqua Eyes #0L and Diamond Shadow #307.
Availability: All MAKE UP FOR EVER Limited Edition Holiday Collections will be available at Sephora and Sephora.com in November 2008.
See more photos… Continue reading →
If you could revamp Chanel Glossimers, what would you change? What would you keep the same? How would you make it an even better product?
Times might be tough, but for some lucky ladies (and gents), times aren’t so tough! Whether these are your yearly indulgences or your staples… La Mer is luxe.
The Crème de la Crème (16.5oz & Mother of Pearl Box) ($1,390.00)
The Luxury Essentials ($630.00)
Includes Crème de la Mer (2 oz.), The Lifting Face Serum and The Eye Concentrate in a limited edition mother of pearl round box
The Connoisseur Collection ($395.00)
Includes Crème de la Mer (2 oz.) and The Eye Concentrate in a pearlized holiday box
The Signature Collection ($240.00)
Includes Crème de la Mer (1 oz.), The Lifting Face Serum (15ml) and The Eye Concentrate (5ml) in a green cylindrical box
La Mer is available at select Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue and lamer.com.
See photos of these luxurious gift sets… Continue reading →
Nelson Chan, a celebrity hair colorist and stylist and founder of Nelson J hair salon in luxe Beverly Hills, offers some tips to budget when it comes to your hair color!
“If budget is preventing a client from coming into the salon every 4 weeks to touch up their base and highlights, I advise women to color the re-growth area at home and then come to the salon only for their highlights and cuts,” explains Chan. “While it’s possible to easily do the re-growth area at home, the highlights are complicated because they require more skill, as their placement is so important.”
Chan offers these tips for at-home coloring:
- Don’t overlap the hair color, only apply it to the re-growth area
- Use ammonia-free hair color to refresh this area, as ammonia damages hair
- Or use semi-permanent colors
- Color re-growth every four weeks (this may save $50 – $100 per month)
- Always follow color with a moisturizing treatment: after shampooing, towel dry hair, then apply moisturizer on ends, letting it sit for 5 minutes before rinsing it out.
“For highlights, you can generally wait up to 2-3 months before coming to the salon if your haircolor and highlights are generally dark. But if your haircolor is light, or if your highlights contrast greatly from your natural haircolor, I recommend coming in every 6 weeks,” states Chan.
He also suggests reducing your visit frequency to save some money on hair cuts, and he says to get creative in styling your hair between visits.
- Mineralize Satinfinish
- Mineralize Skinfinish pressed powder
- Studiofinish Concealer around eye area
- Chestnut Lip Pencil
- Lightly Ripe Lipstick
- Cherry Blossom Lipglass
- Studiofinish Concealer (matching skintone) as base
- Studiofinish Concealer (1 shade lighter) to right under eyebrows
- The brown shade in the quad to fill in brows
- Sharp in the middle of lid
- The golden shade in the inner eye
- The brown shade on outer lid and crease
- The peachy shade to highlight
- Prep + Prime Lash
- PlushLash mascara