- Stick or non-sticky lipgloss?
- Sheer or pigmented lipstick?
- Cream/gel or pencil eyeliner?
It has a lightweight feel with just the right level of thickness–it’s not so thin that you need to keep going back for more, but it’s not so thick that it feels gooey. There’s no tackiness either, but despite the non-sticky feel, it still lasts a good two to three hours on me–which is average to a little above average for me. A lot of the non-sticky glosses I try tend to disappear in an hour’s time, which I definitely find frustrating.
These glosses are also moisturizing–they don’t dry out lips, even when worn alone, and in fact, my lips feel pretty good after wearing one for several hours. There is a very faint sweetly citrus scent, but I had a tough time detecting it enough to settle on a descriptor for it. Packaging is so-so — it looks cute, but it feels a little cheap in my hand. Not super cheap, but it doesn’t feel as nice as Dazzleglass.
According to LORAC, the glosses contain holographic pigments, which is where the dazzling, shimmering, and glistening comes in. They have this rich, glossy sheen mixed with flashes of iridescence and lots of microshimmer. It doesn’t feel like shimmer or glitter, so even when it fades, it’s not gritty. The way the shimmer works is that it almost delivers the color of the lipgloss, rather than the gloss itself. Very cool!
I really loved this gloss–great texture, look, and feel–and I hope LORAC will release many more shades in the future.
Last week, I had my first-ever waxing experience (of any body part), and I just took the bull by its horns and had a Brazilian done. I went to Stript Wax Bar. Stript is owned by the lovely, puts-you-right-at-comfort Katherine Goldman, a local Bay Area esthetician. Stript is all about waxing, whether it’s brows, legs, or down under for ladies AND gents. They have three locations: San Francisco, Oakland, and Palo Alto. I visited their Palo Alto location near Stanford University for an appointment with Katherine, and I was so impressed by the service, I immediately booked my maintenance appointment for four weeks out!
First up, a quick Q&A session with Katherine on some of those first-time waxer questions I had to get answers on before I went under the… wax. Then, a more detailed rundown of the experience itself–but let me just say getting my upper lip threaded was 10x more painful than getting a Brazilian.
This week’s sales at HauteLook…
The links above are a referral link. It means that I receive a $10 credit if you make your first purchase–I get nothing if you never buy. HauteLook has opened up membership, so you are free to sign up on your own, if you wish! 🙂
This Week’s Sales for June 28st, 2010
- Beauty.com: Get $10 off orders of $60+ whenever you click through THIS LINK.
- Benefit: Free shipping over purchases of $50+, use code PRETTY50. Free international shipping with purchases of $115+, use code WORLD115.
- Bliss: Free Summer Gift Bag ($102 value) with any $75+ purchase with code JULY4TH, 7/1 thru 7/6. Get a blood orange shower gel + shipping with any fatgirlslim purchase with code POTM610, expires 6/30. Get a Beauty Flash 30ml (VALUE $27.50) with any Clarins purchase of $40+ with code CLARINS, expires 7/20.
- Blue Mercury: Free shipping on all orders over $50 with code FREESHIP, plus 3 free beauty samples with every order.
- Bobbi Brown: Free full-size long-wear gel eyeliner in Mahogany Ink with $65+ order with code GEL8, expires 9/30, one time use. Free full-size metallic eyeshadow in Gold Dust with $65+ order with code GOLD8, expires 9/30, one time use.
- The Body Shop: Save up to 60% off during the sale event, starting 6/7.
- C.O. Bigelow: 10% off any purchase over $50 with code BIG10. Expires 6/30.
- Clinique: Free limited-edition beach towel, plus free Standard Shipping with any $35+ purchase with code BEACH. Free Summer Tote with order of any 2 Clinique SPF products. Use code SUNTOTE. Free tulip-patterned makeup bag with $35+ purchase with code FREEBAG, expires 6/30. Free Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief sample with any order with code WISE, expires 6/30. Free shipping with code FSCHAT07.
- CVS: Buy one, get one 50% off CoverGirl, Physicians Formula.
- Juara: 10% off in July with code JULY10.
- L’Occitane: L’OCCITANE Summer Sale! Select products up to 50% OFF.
- MAC Cosmetics: Free shipping & Zoomlash Mascara sample with code LASH710.
- NARS Cosmetics: Free shipping on orders of $25 or more with code 25FREESHIP. Free mini Laguna bronzer with $65+ order with code LAGUNASUMMER, expires 7/1.
- Nordstrom: Current list of Gifts with Purchase.
- Origins: Free shipping with code FREESHIP54, expires 6/30. Free Youthopia sample, plus free standard shipping with $35+ orders with code NEXTSERUM, expires 6/30. Free full-size cleanser with $30 Origins.com order with code CHECKS. Modern Friction To Go: full size Modern Friction Plus a Free travel size – save $15.00.
- Rite Aid: Buy one, get one 50% off Neutrogena (Eye & Lip), Physicians Formula, Revlon, Sally Hansen.
- Saks: Receive a luxury beauty collection (a $175 value) with any $55 Estee Lauder purchase with code LAUDER25
- Walgreens: Buy one, get one 50% off Almay, L’Oreal, Neutrogena, Wet ‘n’ Wild.
- Get a free sample collection of 3 Bare Escentuals best sellers with code BEMATTETRIO.
- Get a free sample collection of 3 Bare Escentuals best sellers with code BEBARETRIO.
- Free Kat Von D eye primer sample with code KVDEYE.
- Free MD Skincare Trifix acne clearning lotion sample with code TRIFIX.
- Stila eyeshadow palette @ $10, while supplies last.
- Get samples of all five HerCut styling products with any online order with code HAIRPICK.
- Get a free Kim Kardashian tote with $45+ on Kim Kardashian’s fragrance with code KARDASHIAN.
- Free bliss Hot Salt Scrub when you buy the Bliss Bikini Perfect Deluxe trimmer with code HOTSALT.
- Free Boscia night cream sample with code BOSCIANIGHT.
- Free Urban Decay De-Slick sample with code DESLICK.
- Free Dr. Brandt Samples with code DRBRANDT.
- Free Shiseido Sun Protection & Cleansing Oil samples with code SUNDUO.
- Free Shiseido skincare samples with code 123SHISEIDO.
- Smashbox Moisture Rich Lipgloss @ $5, Eyeshadow palette at $6.
- Free MD Skincare Trifix Acne Clearning Lotion sample with code TRIFIX.
- Last chance DDF sale, get 50% off select DDF items, no code necessary.
- Korres body scrub for $8.50, no code necessary.
- Pacifica 2 for $25 on shower gels or lotions, no code necessary.
- Free refillable palette when you buy any 3 Make Up For Ever eyeshadows or blushes with code MUFE.
The staying power of Cadaques is excellent–really lasts all day and then some. It’s not heavy or greasy once it finally dries down, but it took at least fifteen minutes before it seemed to settle on the skin. I experienced this issue with drying when I swatched them on my arm, too–imagine holding your arm away from your beige shirt for twenty minutes! Personally, this is a total deal-breaker for me, because the last thing I want to do is add another fifteen minutes to my makeup routine.
It layers best directly onto skin, and the best application method is straight from the tube, because the product is very sheer. It gave my medium skin a nice, subtle flush without a fuss, but it did not seem to be buildable other than that initial flush. The application wasn’t as smooth or as even when applied over foundation (even liquid), and it seemed kind of gross (to me) to smear the stick on top of foundation, too.
This is kind of where the perfect skin bit kicks in — it’s best on natural skin, but it’s so subtle, layering foundation on top, even lightly, nearly covers up all the blush. I also found that the staying power definitely lived up to expectations when applied directly to skin, but on top of foundation, it seemed to fade by mid-day. It really is just better over the skin rather than over foundation. If you rock the no-foundation look often and like gel-like blushes, I think the Multiple Tints may be up your alley.