So here’s a tip about using all matte eyeshadows (or matte products in general): make sure you’re exfoliated and well-moisturized. My eyelids were a touch dry on the inner lid, and the mattes really enhanced that dryness. The same thing is true if you have drier skin and opt for a matte finish foundation; it doesn’t always go so well! Winter is being particularly brutal to my skin lately, but I imagine that has more to do with the fact that we’ve seen some below 50 temperatures here in California (hey, WE freeze at 50 degrees here!).
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), Blanc Type eyeshadow (matte white-beige), Malt eyeshadow (pinky-beige), Wedge eyeshadow (soft brown), Bisque eyeshadow (pink nude), Lancome Plum Tease Gel Artliner (plum), Urban Decay Rockstar 24/7 Liner (dark purple-plum), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Face: Kiehl’s Tinted Moisturizer (medium)
- Cheeks: Petalpoint blush (raspberry-pink), Dior Rose Diamond Skin Shimmer (icy rose highlighter)
- Lips: Giorgio Armani #600 Rouge d’Armani lipstick (fuchsia plum), Lancome Untamed Plum La Laque Fever (muted plum)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Petalpoint = Well-Dressed + Breath O’ Plum
Directions: Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner and middle lid, apply Blanc Type eyeshadow on using the 239. Apply Malt eyeshadow to the middle and outer portions of the lid. Darken crease with Wedge eyeshadow using the 226. Sweep Bisque eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Urban Decay Rockstar Liner on lower lash line, and Lancome Plum Tease Gel Artliner on the upper lash line using the 209. Apply Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Petalpoint blush using the 129, then highlight with Dior Rose Diamond Skin Shimmer with the 188. Apply Giorgio Armani #600 Rouge d’Armani lipstick to lips, and then top with Lancome Untamed Plum La Laque Fever for color and shine.