Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
What would you put in your dream “Beauty Room”? What would be the theme? Colors? Tell us about it!
Granite countertops, deep sink, brushed stainless steel fixtures, lots and lots of shelving/cubby holes, huge mirror! I’d probably go for a very clean look. I really like stainless steel and black, LOL.
NARS EXOTICA | Summer 2008
Encapsulating the wildness of sensuality, NARS Summer 2008 features a sultry palette of edgy neutrals that evoke intense carnal desire. Nude pigments in luscious textures impart sinful mystique, capturing the essence of the elegant seductress. Shades of matte ecru and bitter chocolate with golden accents enliven eyes with mesmerizing intrigue, while hues of sparkling mauve, succulent cherry red and sheer brandy give lips intense passion.
- Portobello Duo Eyeshadow Matte ecru and soft matte mushroom $32.00
- Unconditional Love Duo Cream Eyeshadow Matte seafoam and soft shimmering copper $32.00
- Galapagos Single Eyeshadow Bitter chocolate infused with gold $22.00
- Supervixen Lip Gloss Sheer sparkling mauve $24.00
- Misbehave Lip Gloss Sheer cherry red with gold shimmer $24.00
- Mindgame Lipstick Sheer brandy $24.00
- Roman Holiday Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Delicate Pastel Pink $24.00
- Dolce Vita Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Dusty Rose $24.00
Available: April 2008
Rose Flamingo, Mauritius, Zanzibar
CHANEL launched their summer collection this past month (it’s amazing, Chanel launches their lines so early, but hey, it is great when you’re jonesing for a touch of summer!), which featured understated and sophisticated colors of rich browns and greens, with less emphasis on pastels. I think one of my favorite items out of the launch was the green from the Oasis quad ($55.00)–I couldn’t justify the full price of the quad just for the green, though.
I find that while Chanel’s quads are indisputably classy, I prefer the quality and payoff of soft touch shadows ($27.50) (if only Khaki was more olive and less cool!). One of my favorites is Gold (which I bought a year or so ago, and come to think of it, should dig it out and use it for once!) because it was such a marvelous highlighter. I bring that color up because Tigre is somewhat similar (and the name tempts me alone), but with more white and higher frost level. Nomade is a soft, pastel pink with gold flecks that reminds me of a grown-up pink, and it does remind me more of spring than summer, but mixed with Safari (rich bronze) I can see working well during the hotter months. Khaki is a cool, pastel green with medium frost finish. Both Tigre and Nomade are limited edition, but you can wait on Khaki and Safari if your budget doesn’t allow. (By the by, my heart stops every time I think of the price tag, so you’re not alone when your jaw drops!)
The Oasis quad is a good mix of colors, but I really do feel like it would be more fitting for autumn, maybe even later summer. The green is divine, as I’ve already mentioned, and there is an intense orange-bronze that looks lovely. The peachy pink and ultra soft pink do less for me, but they do make this quad a little less fall and more spring/summer. I found the lightest pink didn’t give me enough color for my liking, but the other three went on smoothly.
If you’ll remember my previous Chanel reviews, you’ll know I’m not a devoted follower of glossimers ($26.00) It is not that I dislike them, it is just that I am hard-pressed to pay $26 for a single gloss. It’s just hard! Many extol glossimers for their long-wearing, even-fading, adult shimmer, and non-sticky texture–things that are all true from my experience. Pinup (shimmery baby pink) and Seashell (creamy pale sheer pink) are both existing shades of glossimers while Gazelle is limited (and my girl Karen adores it). I think I would have been better suited to try Gazelle over Seashell, after seeing it swatched, because Seashell hardly showed up on my lips whatsoever, just a dash of shimmer.
Rouge Hydrabase Cream Lipstick, Rouge Allure Satin Lip Color, and Aqualumiere Sheer Lipshine are sure to make your head spin.
Rouge Hydrabase ($26.00) is a creamy, long-lasting formula with Vitamin E that is meant to give you medium coverage. Summer shades include Leopard and Rose Flamingo (both limited edition), with my favorite being Rose Flamingo beacuse it is a mauvey-pink that’s bold and yet not over the top. Like if you ever wanted to rock a hot pink lipstick but didn’t have the courage, this might be your solution.
Rouge Allure ($30.00) is a frostier formula with soft to medium coverage and average wear time (but it does come in a nifty gadget-esque tube). Even though you may feel like you get less lipstick in this formula, according to the box, it is the same weight as other formulas (because I instantly assumed that I was getting less for more money!). The summer’s Both Naive (soft nude pink) and Curious (brown-beige) are permanent choices.
Aqualumiere ($26.00) is sheer, creamy color with SPF 15. For summer, Chanel launched Mauritius (brown beige with peach reflects) and Zanzibar (warm coral beige), which are both limited edition. I found that these two shades were a bit too similar to each other to see in the same launch. On my lips, Mauritius is less wearable (too dark, a bit brown), though Zanzibar I can wear as an everyday color.
Availability: Chanel’s Summer 2008 collection is available at department counters, as well as Nordstrom.com.
See some lip swatches and additional color swatches… Continue reading →
EURISTOCRATS is now available on the UK website! All of you overseas readers, we fully expect you to come through for us and provide some drop dead gorgeous swatches (and photos!) of these lovely lippies. Submit yours to email@example.com or post links/images in th comments! Thanks!
- Barcelona Red Frosty deep coral
- Bombshell Soft bright rosy-pink with golden shimmer
- Cockney Sheer yellow red with multi dimensional pearlized pigments
- Costa Chic Frosty light coral
- Fast Play Medium neutral pink with plum-brown undertones
- Full Fuchsia Bright clean warm pink
- Going Dutch Frosty mid tone pink
- London Life Sheer deep berry with multi-dimensional pearlized pigments
- Milan Mode Sheer deep pink with multi-dimensional pearlized pigments
- Naked Paris Sheer pink brown with multi-dimensional pearlized pigments
- Neon Orange Bright clean orange
- Patisserie Sheer creamy neutral pink
- Rambla’s Red Blue red
- Rue D’ Bois Sheer mid tone pink with multi dimensional pearlized pigments
- Saint Germain Pastel pink
- Show Orchid Vivid hot pink
Promo shot… Continue reading →
What was/is the first eyeshadow you’ve hit pan on? Which one did you lovingly use over and over again?
I think it was Espresso eyeshadow, which I used to fill in my eyebrows for quite awhile, so I don’t really count that… I think it would be Goldmine otherwise!
P.S. – Happy April Fool’s Day! I almost thought to play a joke on you, but I decided not to be so cruel (harhar!) ;P
This information is based on preliminary product images, which may or may not represent all or partial product offerings. In other words, there may be additional products (even a lipglass or lipstick that isn’t pictured may actually be in the story) such as blushes, eyeshadows, etc.
- Soft & Slow Pale beige with gold pearl
- Pink Grapefruit Pink-orange with gold pearl
- Naked Space Creamy natural peach
- Supreme Bronze brown with white pearl
- Sunsonic Gold with white pearl
- Electro Brilliant orange
- Astral Mid-tone brown with red pearl
- Pleasureseeker Creamy peach colour
- Sci-Fu-Delity Burned red with golden pearl
- Phosphor Buzzing yellow
- Neon 8 Brilliant orange with orange pearl
- Plasma Blu Turquoise with white pearl
- Metalist Copper with white pearl
Play guess the MAC… Continue reading →