Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Zoya Summer Collections: Ooh-La-La and La-Di-Da Sneak Peeks
- Katy Pink purple with multi-color metallic highlights
- Tallulah Vibrant metallic medium blue
- Midori Unexpected metallic apple green
- Goldie Multi dimensional metallic yellow gold
- Emme Shimmering soft pink
- Ginessa Multi dimensional metallic frosty white
- America Bright orange red
- Dita Cherry red cream
- Renee Ultra bright cherry red
- Paz Ultra bright neon orange
- Ali Ultra bright neon pink
- Pippa Ultra bright neon yellow
Available: April 1st, from Zoya.com.
See images for La-Di-Da… Continue reading →
Zoya’s Twist Collection debuted this spring season, and since spring is just officially starting… I’m really not late to review it, am I? Twist consists of six shades, ranging from gray to pink. Zoya polishes retail for $6 a pop, or you can get the set of six for $36.
- Harley is a medium gray with golden shimmer.
- Jo is a deep, medium sky blue on me. It comes out fairly bright, actually. I can definitely see this polish work well in the summer, too.
- Malia is a neutral-cool violet purple color. It isn’t lavender, but it isn’t royal purple either. It’s a good cross between a dark shade and a light shade.
- Barbie is a medium pink with some brightness and matching pink shimmer. It is a bit cool-toned, so it’s not the most flattering shade on me.
- Cassi is a strawberry-coral with silvery-ish shimmer. I found this color to be much more flattering on my skin tone than Barbie, and I can see myself wearing it often.
- Moxie is a deep, cream berry-red. I personally wish they’d come out with a shade more in line with the rest of the shades from Twist, because I feel it doesn’t match the trend the others set.
See swatches… Continue reading →
MAC recently launched Viva Glam VI Lipstick in a Special Edition to line up with Fergie as their spokesperson for the Viva Glam campaign. Some people have been finding this color to run a little on the purple side, but it runs mostly pink on me. Like many of the other VG lipsticks/lipglasses, the color is great for most people. I think it’s a nice everyday color with a bit of a pop.
See swatch and lip swatch… Continue reading →
Temptalia Gives Away MAC Light Over Dark Mineralize Blush Duo!
We’re giving away one (1) MAC Light Over Dark Mineralize Blush Duo from very limited edition MAC Grand Duos Collection. Submit your entry by leaving a comment in this post and telling us why you want to win.
All entries must be submitted by March 31st, 2009 at 11:59 PM PST. That’s it! This contest is only open to all readers as pursuant to your local state/country’s laws.
Increase Your Chances to Win (For a total of three chances!)
Follow us on Twitter (please include your Twitter name in your comment!).
Subscribe to our RSS via e-mail (see the giant RSS button on the right!).
This was my attempt to make Chanel’s summer quad work for me, and to be honest, while it came out fine in the end… it was far too much work. I also feel there wasn’t nearly enough color variation to merit keeping the quad, so I’ll be returning it on my next trip to the mall (Thursday, for Colour Ready!). I really wanted to be in love with this quad, but it just didn’t happen.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Lemon Chiffon shadestick (shimmery white-gold base), Chanel Cote d’Azur Summer Quad, MAC Goldmine eyeshadow (gold), Eve Pearl Liquid Liner Pen (black), MAC Glamourpuss glitter liner (copper-gold), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Chanel In Love blush (dirty pink-coral), MAC Refined mineralize skinfinish (peach-nude)
- Lips: Chanel Monte Carlo lipstick (sheer peach-gold), Chanel Tangerine Dream gloss (coral)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Lemon Chiffon = Baselight; Chanel Quad = Motif, Amber Lights, Coppering, Antiqued; In Love = Merrily; Refined = Soft & Gentle; Monte Carlo = Sandy B; Tangerine Dream = Lychee Luxe
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base. Apply the lightest shade of the quad on the inner third of the lid using the 239. Apply medium shade eyeshadow to the middle-to-outer lid with the 226. Darken crease with the deepest brown shadow with the 239. Sweep Shroom eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Goldmine eyeshadow on lower lash line. Line upper lash line with Eve Pearl Liquid Liner Pen to form a cat-eye. Overlay it with MAC Glamourpuss glitter liner for shimmer. Brush Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with In Love blush with the 129, and highlight with Refined mineralize skinfinish using the 188. Apply Monte Carlo lipstick to lips, and then top with Tangerine Dream lipgloss for color and shine.
Check out more photos! Continue reading →
Do you want people to tell you if you’ve made a makeup mistake? (Like your foundation doesn’t match, mascara flakes off, etc.)
Yes and no. I want to know certain things like big errors, but little mistakes… only if I’m able to fix ’em!