The Sultry Season is a series of posts featuring deep, rich shades of brown, berry, plum, and wine lipsticks and lipglosses — just right for autumn — that runs through October 2010.
The most recent back-up I’ve bought was of Guerlain’s Gems Rouge G Lipstick. It’s such a gorgeous coral, and since it was limited edition… well, I couldn’t resist, even though I have enough lipstick to get me through two lifetimes! I have 3 backups of Mari-sheeno lipstick by MAC, because it is/was an Asia exclusive, so I wanted to make shipping worth it, so I just got 3!
MAC Venomous Villains Look: Cruella de Vil
The first few looks I’m going to do from the Venomous Villains launch are just by character — using only the products from each of their “collections.” It’s not necessarily inspired such that it resembles or looks like the character.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (neutral eyeshadow base), MAC Sweet Joy Eyeshadow (soft, pale gold), MAC De-Vil Eyeshadow (bronze), MAC Carbon Eyeshadow (black), Burberry Trench Eyeshadow (highlighter), Urban Decay Crash 24/7 Liner (deep burgundy), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: MAC Darkly My Dear Blush (dirty red-brown)
- Lips: MAC Innocence, Beware! Lipstick (pinky nude), MAC Devilishly Stylish Lipglass (champagne)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Sweet Joy = Nylon + Goldmine; De-Vil = Coppering; Darkly My Dear = Desert Rose; Innocence, Beware! = Creme d’Nude; Devilishly Stylish = Fresh Buzz
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Sweet Joy eyeshadow on the inner third of the lid and pull upwards along the inner crease. Lightly blend De-Vil eyeshadow on the middle of the lid with the 239. Define the crease with Carbon eyeshadow and the 226. Blend Trench eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Crash liner on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Darkly My Dear blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Innocence, Beware! lipstick first, and then layer Devilishly Stylish lipglass for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!
SpaRitual Imagine Collection for Fall 2010
SpaRitual explores a dazzling realm of color with the NEW Imagine Collection for Fall 2010. Rich, atmospheric hues that are on trend for fall combine with transitional shades and unexpected foil effects to create a collection that is a true catalyst for creative expression.
The six new inspiring shades represent a life filled with prosperity, wisdom, and creativity. Straddling the line between nature’s most vibrant shades and otherworldly colors seen only in dreams, Imagine pushes the limits of both color and texture. These vivacious vegan lacquers are packaged in recycled bottles, respecting the beauty and health of the natural environment we dream in.
“The Imagine Collection offers a brilliant palette of unique shades that nurture creativity and encourage a fresh outlook on beauty” says SpaRitual founder, Shel Pink.
Imagine includes unique shades that will set creativity flowing at first sight. The collection is composed of crème and shimmer lacquers that range from a dark plum to a jeweled peach.
Nail Lacquer ($10.00)
- Living in the Moment Cashmere mauve creme
- Endless Possibilities Midnight plum creme
- Unconditional Love Peach shimmer
- Health, Wealth, & Happiness Huey blue shimmer
- A World of Compassion Dusty periwinkle creme
- Dreams Becoming Reality Cool blue turquoise
Availability: The Imagine Fall 2010 Collection lacquers will be available September 2010 for $10.00 each at fine salons and spas nationwide including Spa Halekulani, Canyon Ranch, and the Mandarin Oriental. SpaRitual Nail Lacquers and Elixirs are also available online at skinstore.com and skincarerx.com.
See more photos!
MAC Venomous Villains — Don’t Miss a Thing!
Were you off in tropical paradise this weekend? Maybe enjoying the summer weather? Either way, over the weekend we shared a complete preview of everything and anything MAC Venomous Villains. From reviews to swatches to footage of the press event, we’ve got you covered. Below is a round-up of all the posts that went up over the weekend, and I hope you enjoy!
This Week’s Topic: HAND CREAMS!
Your Mission: Tell us what you love, hate, or are otherwise indifferent to about hand creams and all that those entail.