Listed below (left to right, row by row)
Scarlet Season: The Glossiest Reds
I wish we had been able to cover more red lipglosses, but alas, red lipsticks do tend to reign supreme! But since the glosses were not nearly as numerous as the lipsticks, what better way to remember them than with a dedicated round-up just for them?
My personal favorites were Guerlain Rouge Sultan (which is described as a lip gloss, but you could just as easily classify it as a liquid lipstick, but whatever!), Le Metier de Beaute Framboise Creme, MAC Check, Please, and MAC Warning. Too bad half that list was limited edition or discontinued. MAC Russian Red makes a good substitute for a bold, bright, glossy red, though, if you don’t have either Check, Please or Warning on hand.
Which were your favorites?
- Chanel Jupiter Glossimer ($27.00)
- Eve Pearl Hey Sexy/Hot Mama Lip Gloss ($28.00)
- Guerlain Rouge Sultan Cashmere Lip Gloss ($28.00)
- Lancome Mercury Rising Gloss ($25.00)
- Le Metier de Beaute Framboise Creme Lip Creme Lip Gloss ($36.00)
- L’Oreal #306 Plumping Lip Gloss ($10.00)
- MAC Avarice Lipglass ($14.00)
- MAC Check, Please Lipglass ($14.00)
- MAC Cult of Cherry Lipglass ($14.00)
- MAC Russian Red Lipglass ($14.00)
- MAC Warning Lip Varnish ($14.00)
- Smashbox Siren Lip Gloss ($18.00)