- Liquid or pencil eyeliner?
- Cream or powder blush?
- Lipstick or lipgloss?
Bora Bora, Rock Candy, Electric, Sequins, Royal
Stila Sparkle Liquid Eyeliners
Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner ($22.00 for 0.05 oz.) is available in eight shades: Bora Bora (sparkling turquoise), Rock Candy (sparkling warm brown), Electric (sparkling bright green), Sequins (sparkling black), Royal (sparkling electric purple), Flash (sparkling olive khaki), Starry (sparkling gunmetal gray), and Curacao (sparkling violet blue). I do not have Curacao, so unfortunately, it is not included in this post.
- Bora Bora is a bright, electric blue with soft silver sparkle. Make Up For Ever #5 Aqua Liner seems similar–possibly a little darker.
- Rock Candy is a medium-dark brown with khaki, bronze, and gold shimmer.
- Electric is a bluish teal with brighter blue shimmer. Make Up For Ever #4 Aqua Liner seems similar.
- Sequins is a dark black with silver sparkle.
- Royal is a medium-dark red-toned purple with violet and magenta sparkle. This was the least pigmented shade out of the seven I tried–it wasn’t as dense as the others, a little watery in the overall feel.
- Flash is a olive green with gold and green sparkle.
- Starry is a grayish mauve with multi-colored shimmer. I don’t get gunmetal gray at all here. It seems like it might be similar to Make Up For Ever #14 but it’s harder to call without a side-by-side swatch.
Stila’s Sparkle Eyeliners apply smoothly and evenly with excellent color payoff that requires no layering or build-up. I showed swatches of the very first stroke, then a second and third–never going back to get more product. The sponge applicator on these is thin and tapered to a dull point with enough give to easily maneuver around the curves of the lid but not so much that it is floppy. The formula is budge-, smudge-, and water-proof, as advertised, and removal went easily with both Lancome Bi-Facil and Make Up For Ever Sens’Eyes. As you remove, the product will flake off, akin to tube mascaras.
When I reviewed Make Up For Ever Aqua Liners, I touched on some of the recent releases of eyeliners in the same vein as those, which included Stila’s Sparkle Eyeliners, too. Stila’s are different from the others in terms of color and finish–these are richly shimmered and very pigmented, but the formula feels very much the same. In the next few days, I will be doing some swatch comparisons where applicable and posting the results.
Stila Sparkle Liquid Eyeliners Swatches, Photos, Reviews
Minka, Shay, Pandora
Zoya Touch Collection
Zoya Touch Collection includes three nude shades: Minka (latte beige cream with a metallic kiss), Shay (desert rose sand beige cream with a metallic kiss), and Pandora (mauve beige cream with a metallic kiss).
- Minka is a light-medium beige with warm undertones and a subtle silver micro-shimmer. It’s a bit like Deborah Lippmann Not THat Innocent, though not as dark.
- Shay is a pink-tinged peach-beige with a silvery-white micro-shimmer threaded through the creamy base. It looks pinker in the bottle than applied, at least on my hands, which I attribute to my natural yellower undertones. It’s a bit like MAC Hangin’ Loose on me.
- Pandora is a light-medium pale, beige-y rose with silvery-white threads of metallic shimmer. The closest shade I could think of was Rescue Beauty Lounge Plie, which is darker and pinker.
All three were surprisingly pigmented–Zoya really meant it when they said these were full coverage, because these were nearly opaque in one coat, but I used two for the swatches. I typically get a week’s worth of wear out of Zoya’s formula. The formula on these was on the thicker side, though, so more patience was required than I anticipated, which resulted in messier swatches than I’d like, because it didn’t flow as nicely as it could (my carpal tunnel has been acting up, so my hands are really shaky lately).
Zoya Touch Collection Swatches, Photos, Reviews
Zoya Touch Collection
Zoya Nail Polish presents 3 new, full coverage nude creams – softly kissed with a bit of metallic to make them ultra wearable. Zoya is the new color of fashion… The Zoya TOUCH collection was designed to recreate the custom looks developed for and inspired by the runways of New York Fashion Week – Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter 2011 collections.
Nail Lacquer ($8.00) (Limited Edition)
- Minka Latte beige cream with a metallic kiss
- Shay Desert rose sand beige cream with a metallic kiss
- Pandora Mauve beige cream with a metallic kiss
availability: Zoya is taking pre-orders May 25th through May 31st, shipping June 1st, 2011
Nope. I go by smell, consistency, color, etc. – if any of that changes, it’s time to toss.
Do you have a question idea? Submit yours here.